cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unprotected cable

Impavidus59
On our wavelength

A little while ago engineers replaced the cable that fed into my property. However while before it was buried underground it had since been left overground. I can see that it's perishing and also being close to a turfed area a neighbour could accidentally damage it. Is it normal to leave the cable unprotected and exposed to elements?

16827747303097366069047977920000.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Impavidus59, 

Thank you for posting to the thread. 

As the work is due to be completed outside, you should not need to be in for the visit. 

If you wish to amend our appointment to be available at the time, you can do so online here

Thanks, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Impavidus59 

Welcome back to the community forums

Sorry to hear that the cable has been left above ground and this should be buried. 

I can arrange for a team to come and ensure that the cable is buried in the ground to lessen the risk of any damage that can be caused. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks so much for joining me on private message @Impavidus59  

I have now booked you a visit for rebury of the external cabling. 

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment please let us know before 4pm the day before and we can get this rescheduled for you. 

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hello can you arrange another day please as I may not be home until 2pm?  Unless of course the work can be done without my presence given there is no gate and it's the front garden

Please advise

Kind regards

Maurizio

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Impavidus59, 

Thank you for posting to the thread. 

As the work is due to be completed outside, you should not need to be in for the visit. 

If you wish to amend our appointment to be available at the time, you can do so online here

Thanks, 

Nat