cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised Install

brc1982
Tuning in

So today I noticed some dust out my front garden/yard. Went to investigate further and discovered that a track had been cut into concrete then refilled. Possibly for a cable being laid? 
I checked around my property a bit more and discovered a hole had also been drilled in my boundary wall with the footpath a few feet up from the black plastic virgin connection box. 

totally pee’d off about this as they clearly trespassed on my property as I have never spoken to Virgin regarding any service being installed on my property. Not only trespassed but actually caused damage to my wall and yard area while I wasn’t in the house!

ok, I’m not 100% sure it was Virgin but the fact that the hole was drilled a few feet up from they’re installation box I’m guessing it was them. (Any clarity on this would be appreciated)

can anyone give me advice on who to contact as so far the phone lines have been totally useless!!

many thanks guys. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Corey,

thanks for your reply. I am not 100% sure that this was done by Virgin as I was out while it happened but I suspect it was them as all the clues point to Virgin.

I would need to contact the installation team to clarify things as they should have a record of who was working in the area etc etc. 

if you could raise this as a complaint it would be great. I tried to contact complaints via phone but that was a dreadful experience 

I appreciate your help  

Ben

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

jem101
Superstar

Pictures would help. 

Any new cables appeared across your properly which you don’t know anything about? If so just cut them and see who screams!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you asked your neighbours if they are awaiting a VM installation?

Complaints on here are usually to do with long delays in new installations. This one sounds like a rare case of a speedy and successful cable installation but at totally the wrong address.

The forum team should reply here within a day or two to take your information and help you.

In the meantime, start assessing the damage and working out the cost to repair it plus compensation for the hassle.

Thanks for your reply!

just had a more I depth look this morning and it’s worse than I first thought. 
No visible cables but they have actually dug a trench, possibly to house the cable, the whole length of my garden!

I think it definitely is Virgin as the where they have drilled for the cable to go is the same as Virgin customers down the road

thanks for your help with this!👍

My neighbour is an existing Virgin customer and my other neighbour is very elderly and would unlikely be dealing with Virgin. 

can’t seem to post photos as they are too large to attach. 

would really appreciate a contact number for complaints or even a email address so I can speak to someone about this. 

many thanks

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Info on resizing here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Cable-installed-ovet-neighbours-land/m-p/...

One of the forum team will reply here within a day or two. Any available photos would help them assess the situation and decide how to progress the issue.

7E68E657-6CBC-4584-9EC6-3672105ABB6E.jpeg

9C599162-833F-4EDD-8E06-9B2007461AF0.jpeg

6924A4BD-F823-464C-BF81-F74EFC93A970.jpeg

22336C3B-7981-4073-A967-96CC07788DC3.jpeg

076637E2-D7DA-47AB-A211-D5F2D44F89E2.jpeg

Thanks for that!

have resized photos and have posted below so you can see what they’ve done to my garden. I feel sorry for the person who did all this work on the wrong house😝

the trench that they cut in the grass runs the full length or my front garden…probably about 23metres!  

490B0743-FAF3-4BD8-AB93-12340326863D.jpeg

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, brc1982,

Sorry to see this has occurred. Were you able to confirm if this was done by us at Virgin? If you would like us to help from here, I can gather your details via private message and raise non-customer complaint and have it forwarded to the Installation team for you

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Corey,

thanks for your reply. I am not 100% sure that this was done by Virgin as I was out while it happened but I suspect it was them as all the clues point to Virgin.

I would need to contact the installation team to clarify things as they should have a record of who was working in the area etc etc. 

if you could raise this as a complaint it would be great. I tried to contact complaints via phone but that was a dreadful experience 

I appreciate your help  

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply, I've sent you a private message to confirm your details.

Cheers,

Corey C