Menu
PaulChapman1968
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to log in to National Lottery website

I have suddenly been unable to log-in to my National Lottery account online. I called them up and they said it was my ISPs problem and they could do anything about it. The message that comes up is : "Our location software recognises Internet Protocol addresses (IP addresses) that are used by UK-based Internet Service Providers (ISPs). If your ISP has not registered your IP address as being situated in the UK or Isle of Man, we must assume that you are located outside this region.

Please contact your ISP and ask them to update the registration of your IP address (it may take a few weeks for the changes to take effect).

This issue could also be caused by the use of Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) by yourself or other members of your household.

You may also experience problems accessing your account if you are using a device at work which routes its internet traffic through servers based outside of the UK or Isle of Man."

Can anyone help solve this problem please . Do Virgin Media read these posts ??

0 Kudos
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log in to National Lottery website

Staff from Virgin Media do read the posts but it can take a day or two for a response.

In the meantime, if you go to https://whatismyipaddress.com/ does it come up with "ISP: Virgin Media" and a UK location?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you recently altered your "websafe" "childsafe" settings in the Apps section on your "my virgin media" website?
They can have filters enabled to block access to gambling websites etc, they may block this site too.
Worth a quick look - they may have automagically changed.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
PaulChapman1968
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks , I've tried this but still cant log-in to the website.  Ive tried everything suggested to me by Virgin Media ( I called them earlier) and by National Lottery (who were pretty useless)  and still cant log-in Im afraid.  I'll have to get on the phone to the Lottery again 😞

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@cje85 wrote:

In the meantime, if you go to https://whatismyipaddress.com/ does it come up with "ISP: Virgin Media" and a UK location?

What did it return for your ISP?

0 Kudos