Menu
RobertJLomax
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unable to install

Having given my postcode and street number, the Virgin website confirmed my property was suitable for the M350 Fibre Broadband package.

I ordered and installation was confirmed for two weeks time.

I took half a day of work to be there for the engineer to install.

The engineer turned up on time and immediately said he didn't think the property was suitable...

He spoke to his Manager and came back to inform me 90m of cable was required from the main road, to do this would require planning permission which may take 3 months!!

The order was placed on the 20th August and the installation was due to take place on 6th September. I have since received a £5 cheque but nothing else.  I raised a complaint over a week ago and have heard nothing. I have phoned and been left waiting or cut off twice. I even tried live chat, who said they would need a couple of minutes to check my details, 15 minutes later nothing so I gave up.

I desperately need broadband to work from home. I have wasted half a days holiday.

Please Virgin, get in contact. I just want to know if I can get BT in to fit broadband or am I under contract with you now and have to wait?

I've always had a great experience with Virgin from Wine to Holidays, this has completely knocked my confidence in the brand.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to install

Hi RobertJLomax, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community

I'm sorry to hear there's been a delay with the installation, in some cases it's not always possible to know that construction work may be required beforehand.

In regards to being in contract, this wouldn't start until your services had been installed. You would be able to cancel the order without penalty. 

You would be able to speak with the team on 150/ 0345 454 1111 and they would be able to cancel any pending orders you have.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos