Menu
Highlighted
FFC
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to connect printer after new router was delivered

A new router was delivered recently.  I can’t seem to connect it to my HP printer.  Any suggestions please.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to connect printer after new router was delivered

Hello

As you have a new router you will to have to go through the setup of the printer again, what model do you have.

Regards Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its probably a 2.4 GHz only printer so try this and see if it sorys it.

Go into the Hub3 settings like this. Type in http://192.168.0.1 into your web browser’s url box and login with the Hub settings password printed on the Hub's base/drawer sticker (or your own if you have already logged in and changed it).
Then navigate to >>> Advanced>wireless and tick the disable “channel optimisation” box – click apply changes. Then, go to advanced>wireless>security, rename/type over the 2.4 & 5 GHz network SSID's. Just change 'em to whatever you like and something that will differentiate them - e.g - xxxxxx.2 & xxxxxx.5) -- use the same password if you like, Then, apply settings and restart the Hub.
Your 2 wifi networks will now be clearly separated - and you can then select the network you want to connect to individually from the "available networks" list on each device (using the new password).
5 GHz is usually better and subject to less interference (and is certainly better for iDevices ) than the 2.4 one - although this one has the better "range" and some older/cheaper devices can only use this one. Perhaps your printer is like this

You could also use a wifi analyser App to check which 2.4 channels are being heavily used around you and move your channel (in the settings again) to one that is least so.

See if that helps - you will lose any “seamless roaming” benefits but it may not matter and you can always change the Hub settings back by doing a pinhole "factory reset" - if you prefer the way it was - or it doesn’t help.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
FFC
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

HP deskjet 2540 all in one series.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You'll need to delete the previous WiFi connection on the printer and start again.

0 Kudos
FFC
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

0 Kudos