Menu
sjjones83
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to connect Deco M9 Plus (no internet connection)

I’m trying to set up my new Deco M9 plus. Have got the Homehub 3 in modem mode and working my way through the set up on the app. When it gets to testing the internet connection it can’t connect. Any ideas?

41B1D08F-9B2F-45AD-A717-2B55EA6E836A.png

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to connect Deco M9 Plus (no internet connection)

Hello

Which hub do you have, if it is a hub 3 for modem mode you should have a magenta/red lights ?

Okay so what you need to do is

1) Turn off hub and Deco.

2) Power on the hub and give it 5minutes to boot up and the lights should stabalize.

3) With the Deco only plugged into the hub port nearest to the power connection power on the Deco, give it a few minutes until the lights stabilize.

That is all you should need to do.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When you setup the Deco's you need the hub in router mode so that the Deco and the app have internet access for configuration. When that's done put the hub in modern mode, when it comes back online you won't have internet access, turn everything off, disconnect all ethernet cables, plug only the first Deco in, restart everything and that should be good to go, and to add the next Deco unit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
sjjones83
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you! This solved it instantly. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Your welcome, if you have any more queries by all means come on back to the forum we do have a great team of VM staff members, VIPs and normal customers with a great deal of knowledge. Stay safe and have a great weekend.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos