Menu
MrCrustacean
Tuning in
Message 21 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to Connect to Gaming/Lottery Related Websites

@StormW4tch3r wrote:

He means setting a static IP on the machine, not the IP VM give you.

Sorry how do you allocate a static IP address please?

0 Kudos
StormW4tch3r
Superfast
Message 22 of 42
Flag for a moderator

This should help if you are running Windows 10 https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-windows-10.htm

0 Kudos
MrCrustacean
Tuning in
Message 23 of 42
Flag for a moderator

@StormW4tch3r wrote:

This should help if you are running Windows 10 https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-windows-10.htm

Thanks I'll take a look.

0 Kudos
MrCrustacean
Tuning in
Message 24 of 42
Flag for a moderator

I spent over an hour on the phone this morning to the help desk but unfortunately to no avail. I ended up speaking to 3 different people the outcome being they didn't know how to fix the issue. The matter is going to be referred to the management. I asked if I would get any feedback, but the call taker could not make any promises regarding time scale.

Judging by an email I received from VM, the help desk changed the Web Safe settings but this has not helped.

Just to recap I cannot connect to the National Lottery or similar gaming related websites with either of our two Windows 10 computers. I have tried to connect with multiple browsers and all report a problem with the security settings of the websites. I have no problems loading other types of website and this problem only started in the middle of last month.

I think this problem is related to VM because when my computer is connected to BT broadband the gaming websites load correctly.

Any further assistance would be most appreciated as I don't think there is any point in recontacting the VM call centre.

Kind regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos
MrCrustacean
Tuning in
Message 25 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Dear VM,

The problem still persists: in a nutshell using the VM SHUB3 I cannot access the National Lottery and similar gaming websites either by wifi or ethernet using Windows 10 devices. If I take the laptops to another location and log into a non-VM ISP then I have no problem accessing the National Lottery website etc.

It looks to me that the problem is VM related. I am hoping please that somebody at VM will be able to provide a solution. I have to say that I had no joy whatsoever when I contacted the helpdesk by telephone.

Kind regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Patrick, 

Thanks for letting us know that you're still struggling with this. I'm going to get in touch with you via PM so we can discuss this further. 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MrCrustacean
Tuning in
Message 27 of 42
Flag for a moderator

I once again find I am unable to access the National Lottery and similar gaming related websites via my Windows 10 computers. This issue may be related to the tendency of my Windows 10 devices to connect to a TalkTalk ISP!

It makes no difference if the Windows 10 devices are connect to the SHUB3 via Ethernet or WiFi.

As previously reported I don't seem to have any problems connecting to these sites with Android devices.

I have now been trying to get these curious issues resolved for a considerable period of time but to no avail!

would it be possible please for this issue to be looked into please?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm strange one, is it all gaming /lottery sites that are restricted? Ff access is fine via Android then not a routing issue by the sounds of things.......which browser do you use on the PC, could you try 'in private or an incognito tab' and let us know if this helps.

It may be helpful if you could your one of your PC's into safe mode and let us know if this allows access.

Keep us posted.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
MrCrustacean
Tuning in
Message 29 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ralph_R,

I have tried the following browsers: Firefox; Edge; Google & Opera and all exhibit this problem.

As suggested I booted a computer into Safe Mode but this did not resolve the problem.

I have a feeling that this issue is connected with my computer connecting to a TalkTalk ISP on a frequent basis as I have had their HomeSafe screen pop up!

My theory is the TalkTalk HomeSafe has settings that prevent me accessing gaming related sites on a frequent basis.

My concern is that somehow an external internet account is impacting on my browsing.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 30 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Patrick, 

Hope you're well Smiley Happy

I remember this fault from last year. Did we work out that there was a dominant Talk Talk network in your area that your PC is connecting to? If you're looking at all the available networks around you, do you see said network? If it's an open network and it's in range, it's possible your PC is joining that in preference to your VM network. 

Speak soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos