Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to Connect to Gaming/Lottery Related Websites

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for posting back here.

Apologies that you are still unable to access certain sites.

Out of curiosity, can you still access these websites when the Hub is in modem mode?

You mentioned that when you turn off the firewall you get the same issue, is this in regards to Windows Defender being turned off?

Is it only on Windows 10 that you get this issue?

Speak to you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MrCrustacean
Tuning in
Message 12 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

I have just set the SHUB3 to modem mode and I am still unable to connect to the National Lottery or other gaming websites.

We have two laptops running Windows 10 and neither can now access gaming related sites. Both computers are protected by Windows Defender and disabling the Firewall makes no difference.

I have no problems loading the gaming sites using my Samsung S6 Android phone (the phone I hasten to add is connected to the SHUB). I would also like to add this problem with the Windows 10 laptops has only started in the last few weeks.

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating us regarding this Patrick,

I'm very sorry for the connection trouble experienced.

I've had a look into this for you and this appears to be a known issue with recent upgrades to Window 10. When did you upgrade to this software?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
MrCrustacean
Tuning in
Message 14 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat_J

According to my computer it  updated to 2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4041676) on 12/10/17.

12/10/17 would tie in date wise with the issues I have had loading gaming related websites.

Kind regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos
cje85
Super solver
Message 15 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Just to check, is the date, time and timezone on your computer correctly set?

If not that can cause secure websites to be blocked.

0 Kudos
MrCrustacean
Tuning in
Message 16 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi cje85,

Thanks for the suggestion the date,time and timezone are set correctly.

I am going to take one of our laptops to a relatives house and see what happens when I try and connect to the problem sites using BT broadband.

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos
MrCrustacean
Tuning in
Message 17 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

This afternoon I took my Windows 10 laptop to a relatives house and connected it to their BT Infinity broadband. The National Lottery website immediately loaded as did other gaming related websites. Connected wirelessly to the BT hub I was getting 30+ Mbps down and 16+ Mbps up.

Upon returning home this evening I connected my laptop both wirelessly & via an ethernet to the SHUB3 and the gaming related websites would not load. I then connected my Samsung S6 to the wifi and the Android device had no problems loading the gaming websites.

The VM Web Safe connected with my account is off and my computer connects via a BT Hub suggests to me the problem is VM related.

Any assistance in this matter would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 18 of 42
Flag for a moderator

@MrCrustacean wrote:

Hi,

This afternoon I took my Windows 10 laptop to a relatives house and connected it to their BT Infinity broadband. The National Lottery website immediately loaded as did other gaming related websites. Connected wirelessly to the BT hub I was getting 30+ Mbps down and 16+ Mbps up.

Upon returning home this evening I connected my laptop both wirelessly & via an ethernet to the SHUB3 and the gaming related websites would not load. I then connected my Samsung S6 to the wifi and the Android device had no problems loading the gaming websites.

The VM Web Safe connected with my account is off and my computer connects via a BT Hub suggests to me the problem is VM related.

Any assistance in this matter would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Patrick

Have you tried changing your devices DNS server settings as per the instructions that were listed, this will require you to set a static IP for the device but that will completely bypass the websafe server as its reliant on you using the VM DNS servers to work

0 Kudos
MrCrustacean
Tuning in
Message 19 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi shanematthews,

Yes I have tried using the Google DNS but this does not make any difference. I note you make mention of having to set a static IP address, but I was under the impression this was something VM does not allow the end user to do?

Any further suggestions gratefully received.

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos
StormW4tch3r
Superfast
Message 20 of 42
Flag for a moderator

He means setting a static IP on the machine, not the IP VM give you.

0 Kudos