cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT- NEEDS ATTENTION- COURT PROCEEDINGS ARE IN PLACE

alishalal
Joining in

I ordered virgin media broadband on 13th May to be installed on the 30th. My old provider cancelled their service the day after.

The preinstall team delayed their prepull appoint several times. I was promised my installation on 30/05, this was then rescheduled to 31/05. No one turned up, I took 2 days off work unpaid. They then rescheduled to 20/06 and no one still came, they gave me rubbish about construction going on in my area there was nothing going on there. They then arranged a site survey for the same day and still no body came. They then rescheduled again for 29/06 for my installation, where a man named Peter refused to do my installation, as the prepull work was not completed. He then racially abused me outside my property, of which I have evidence of. Virgin should not have sent engineers to my property to install my services when they well knew prepull work was not complete. I was then on the phone to Virgin all day and they promised they will speak with area manager and call me back, this never happened. They gave so many fake promises about call backs and I am sick to death with virgin. I would not recommend Virgin to anyone. They then rescheduled this for 23/07. A site survey took place on 09/07 with a engineer named AJ. He gave me full assurance that he will get this job completed. He said he will have to apply for a permit from council which takes 3 days and will contact me back on 13/07, and never did. He gave his phone number to me and said you can keep track of this, I will no longer need to contact Customer Services, as he is dealing with this. I phoned him on 14/07, asking for an update and he said I am not his priority. He then started to harass me on text messages which I have reported to the Police. I was then told by Virgin that the prepull work will be completed on 20/07, this was then rescheduled to 21/07, this still never happened. I have my installation booked for 23/07 and I don't know what is happening. The company actually disgusts me, I am demoralised by Virgin. This has upset me mentally and I am disturbed my this. I have no internet in my house for the past 2 months, my kids are suffering too. I have absolutely 0% faith in Virgin. I have also seeked advice with my solicitor who is willing to help me take court proceedings against Virgin.

I've spent 50+ hours on the phone with virgin medias customer service with them just ending the calls, they've made several promises, all of which have been promptly broken. I spoke to the complaints department who said they would provide me with a dongle, this never happened and I simply received an email the next day pretending the conversation had never happened. 

At this point I'm at the end of my tether, the only thing keeping me from cancelling this service is sheer stubbornness.

4 REPLIES 4

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Given you say you have taken this to court, I doubt anything can be done here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Dont want to comment on your treatment a VM person will respond soon.

But these installation woes are not uncommon.

Whilst waiting - see this old thread

The current VM installation process is badly managed when things aren’t straightforward and cable re-pulls are needed. So dont bother chasing it. Just let the installation play out. Do nothing. You will pay nothing (£0) until a VM connection is actually installed and activated. And even from then (if it gets that far) you have 14 days in which to cancel - again with no costs. Or keep it if you like it after those 14 days

In the meantime, can you connect to OR, Sky, BT etc - or to a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract? Three have a 30day 4G unlimited package for ~£20. If so, do it now and just let the VM install run its course. As said, you will pay nothing until VM's service is installed and operational. When it finally happens, you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or, if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other service (hence better if you took a 30-day contract).

FYI - Re. VM’s recent installation issues - see John’s excellent précis of the situation in message 18 here…

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

Re. Install compensation - see Tony’s excellent advice in message 7 here….

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Join-the-club-FAILED-INTERNET-INSTALLATIO...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @alishalal,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums. I'm sorry that you aren't joining in much better circumstances.

I'm truly sorry to hear of the experience that you have had trying to get your services installed, dealing with the team and your treatment by the installers and technicians that you have spoken to.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

I wrote a guide for new customers. The mistake was to cancel your old provider if you didn’t have the infrastructure put in. 
VM subcontract this to a number of utility companies . In my case it was Kelly. It’s really down to then and this is the bottleneck