cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT:Moving Home issue with install by Virgin Media Engineer

Mrugesh
Joining in

Hi there,

I requested to move of my broadband services as I move my home which was confirmed by Virgin Media Move Home Services that my new Address is serviceable by Virgin Media and took an order to move.

The appointment for install was scheduled on 22nd September 2021. A virgin media engineer came to install but couldn't install and said that your location is not serviceable as there is no virgin media cable install in your building. You must opt for BT which is available in your building.

I updated same to Virgin Media to cancel my order and since my new address is not serviceable please cancel my account but they gave me another appointment on 29th September 2021 after 7 days.

I have moved to a new address (400+ miles) due to change in my job and I am not having access to internet which is affecting my job now.

I request Virgin Media Installation Team to give high priority to my case to get internet setup at the earliest else release me so that I can get an internet connection at my home to work.

It's clear issue with either Virgin Media Serviceable location data is wrong or the engineer didn't install at all. 

Please do the needful at the earliest with highest priority.

Thanks

Mrugesh

1 REPLY 1

jem101
Superstar

There is no need to wait for VM to do anything, since they use a completely different infrastructure to BT (and other DSL ISPs), you can order a BT installation anytime you like, you could even run it in parallel with a VM connection if you wanted (in fact a number of posters on this forum do just that).

So just order a BT install now, if and when VM do manage to come to install their kit you can simply cancel within 14 days without penalty.