cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical Yodel service

vikingbeard
On our wavelength

IMG_0313.jpgIMG_0314.jpg

It's astounding how this company is still in business. I'd like to day I'm surprised, but I've been unfortunate enough to have a few deliveries before that have arrived in a similar state. Clearly Yodel offer the cheapest business solutions, but surely this is quickly outweighed by the amount of damages and peed off customers? The Virgin advisor I spoke to wasn't the slightest bit surprised either and had a replacement ordered within minutes. I did ask if the replacement would be shipped by Yodel again, to which she sadly sighed Yes, then advised should it also arrive damaged to call back again. 😩

Maybe Virgin media needs to start packing them in something a bit more robust?

14 REPLIES 14

@jem101 wrote:

What do you suppose a 'Chief Digital Officer' is, or does?

Maybe he counts all the pens and pencils.

According to the website from October 2019 to May 2021 he was, and I quote, responsible "for the company’s end to-end digital transformation to best serve Virgin Media customers online"

What on earth that actually means is anyone's guess, but the fact is the customer experience online is now worse than its ever been. Nothing at all has been transformed in the past 10 years, not has it been transformed "end to end" or transformed "digitally" whatever that could mean. The online customer experience is now more broken than it's been in 10 years, in fact some parts of the website show pages in styles from 2009.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

One day, this shower of **** will wake up and find that their speed advantage is no longer unique, and they are being out-competed by companies that aren't led by clowns who don't have a finger on the pulse of customer experience. 

With Openreach adding FTTP potential past 40,000 properties a month, you'd have though that if Virgin Media had a competent business strategy team they'd long, long ago have been able to see where all this is going, and they'd be screaming abuse at the company's incompetent leaders, plastering every single wall at Virgin Media Towers with hard copies of the recent Ofcom Hall of Shame report and explaining to these "leaders" in simple words what they need to do.

Instead, I suspect there's long, boring quarterly business plan updates to prepare.  Unproductive fad-athons featuring topics that are verbally worshipped whilst little changes, like diversity, "transformation", "lean", or "customer focus".  Special projects that involve meetings with many attendees but no tangible outputs.  Change projects that involve many skilled people, but don't actually change much.  And so forth - been there, done that.

Virgin Media receives the highest number of complaints for all its services.

https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2021/09/Sky-outperforms-all-other-UK-providers-in-Ofcoms-late...

Figures are from January to March 2021 so improvements may have been made since then, but I seriously doubt it.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Apologies to those who have been following along & sharing their experiences, I've been a bit busy at work since my last update.

Things have moved along, but they got much worse before they got better.

Saturday I was on the phone bright & early & went through the whole story again with a new advisor who informed me that nothing had been ordered again, so round & round we went. Eventually I got a bit annoyed and demanded to know why I keep being lied to and why everyone seems to be so incompitent. I also said that if they couldn't solve the issue, then they could cancel the upgrade and put me back on my old deal. The advisor told me I was being transferred to a manager to sort out the problem. Instead it turns out I was transferred to the retention team.

Now I don't know what was going on with this woman in retentions, but from her attitude you'd think I'd just broken into her house and took a steaming great dump in her cereal bowl. Her rudeness was unlike anything I have ever experienced (and I've done 20 years in retail) she sat in complete silence whilst I explained everything that had happened. By the end I was getting worried she had dozed off, but then she angrily fired back that everything that had happened was my fault. I should have known what the VM procedure is for replacing faulty items, I should have known the correct person to report it to, I should have known how replacements are delivered, if there is an issue with stock and I should have known the timescales involved. All quite baffling really. I told her that I wasn't at all happy, and if they can't sort my issue to cancel the upgrade. I also said that because of the way she spoke to me I felt like I should be cancelling the whole service all together. FINE! she said, I'll cancel it right now & put the phone down!

After a couple of hours of seething, during which time I filed an official complaint. (waste of time that form is) I decided that I couldn't be left with no service, I knew I had a few days working from home this week, so tried calling back & going direct to retentions, with the hope of speaking to someone who actually gives a **bleep**.

Luckily I managed to speak with a lovely lady named Julie.

Julie is great, she knows about customer service. She listened intently whilst I went through all the drama again, she umm'd an ahh'd and tutted in all the right places whilst I explained about the issues. She actually genuinely cared and I believed her when she promised to make things right. The first thing she did was make notes about everything, then she told me that although she wasn't an expert or miracle worker, she did have some contacts who she believed could help. Julie took my number & promised to call me back after speaking to her contacts. Amazingly after a few hours, she was back on the phone again. She had arranged with the head of the faults team, for an engineer to come out with a replacement. No mean feat, as he had to send through a special request, with a lot of jiggery pokery to make sure it wasn't cancelled off. The appointment was booked for Monday between 4-7.

Now considering this was booked in saturday afternoon, by monday I must have received 10-12 messages via text/email asking if I had resolved the issue myself and that I could cancel the appointment. Eventually the engineer rang on monday afternoon, he told me he could see that my internet was live and would I still need him to call?????

When he did eventually arrive, I expected just a straight swap out on the doorstep, but to his credit he said that he would rather install the modem whilst he was here & check everything was 100% before he left.

Good job really as it turns out things didn't go smoothly, although swapping the modem was a 2 minute job, trying to get it registered and activated had him stumped for well over an hour, no activations were going through. Once finished he told me that had I attempted a self install, I would still be there days later ripping my hair out.

Obviously as soon as he left, the first thing I did was run a speed test! Interestingly that very first Samknows/Realspeed test returned a result of around 500 download / 942 upload. Unfortunately this was short lived as I tried again a few minutes later & the Gig1 had kicked in at the expected ratio with the upload maxing out at 52.

So my takeaway from all this, is that if anyone is having problems and feel they are not being listened to, the cancellations team seem to be the only department who cares and if you don’t get the response you want, put the phone down, then call back and speak to someone else. Although it took me a few goes to finally speak to that person.

Hi @vikingbeard,

Welcome back to our community forums. 

I truly apologise for the ordeal you have had when trying to resolve this faulty hub issue. I can understand the frustration and inconvenience this ongoing issue may have caused you.

I am however glad the issue was resolved with both Julie and the technician and that your service is up and running. I would love further information from you in regards to the agents who handled your case so we can forward this to the relevant teams for improvement.

I have sent you a PM regarding this. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs