cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two texts - Pre contract Docs and O2 Sim

Jonald
Joining in

Hello,

I am not a Virgin customer at present (and am not currently applying for broadband etc.)

However I received two texts that I believe relate to a Virgin broadband order.

Text 1: Hi it’s Virgin Media. To review your pre-contract docs head here: 

(Link to docs)

Then a day or so later:

Text 2: O2: Thanks for your order. Your SIM is on its way and will be with you in the next 1-3 days. To activate your SIM text SWAP to 20220

I'm guessing this is someone setting up a broadband package (Volt? Since it has an O2 Sim also) but somehow my mobile number has been used - I'm guessing entered with human error, either by the customer or Virgin agent.

Could I get some assistance into getting my number taken off this? As it seems my number is now tied to someone else's communications for their package - and I'm assuming they would need to receive their texts etc.

I initially thought from the O2 text that I could be victim to SIM number porting fraud, so would like some reassurance that it is actually just human error with my number on someone else's package

Thanks,

Jon

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jonald,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you are receiving a communication around an order you haven't placed, it does sound like the number may have been taken in error, as this is O2 this isn't something we can look into, please contact O2 who will be able to help further.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

The second text did indeed come from O2, however the first one did come from yourselves - and included a link to pre-contract docs, and gave me a CSS number. It then asked me to enter my surname in order to look at these, however as I have not applied for any contract or package it will be someone else's.

So my number is on your system somewhere, tied to someone else's account, with them recently taking out a service with you.

I can check the other text with O2, however I still have the issue of recieving the initial one from yourselves.

Could this be looked into please?

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jonald,

So I can have a look and if I am able to locate your number get this removed and amended, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.