cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twice delayed installation

TroyBarlow
On our wavelength

Hello,

Today VM rang to tell my my fibre installation has now been delayed a second time, which puts me over a month past the original installation date, and nearly two months since I arranged installation. The call service agent gave me some vague reasons and mentioned "digging" but I assured her that no digging would be taking place on the high street I live on! Neighbours on either side of me have VM fibre, so that shouldn't be a problem. 

I've also had two "external works" dates elapse with no one showing up. I suspect that the installation crews are either over-booked, or not being honest when they make appointments. I asked the agent if I would ever actually get an installation as if it gets pushed back again, I'd rather figure something else out, but she ensured that it would get installed "this time."

Has anyone in this situation had luck getting an installation done? This is beyond frustrating and is really putting me off VM altogether. I doubt I'd recommend them to anyone else at this point

15 REPLIES 15

TroyBarlow
On our wavelength

Whelp, I've now just received a text letting me know that the install is now delayed until 23rd October! that's nearly 3 months after the engineer first called me. I now have no faith that Virgin will ever do the install and I'm most likely going to cancel. I can't be bothered to be jerked around like this anymore. It's a real shame as I was looking forward to finally having a fibre connection.

Hi TroyBarlow,

Thanks for updating us, I'm very sorry for the delays with your installation. 

So I can take a closer look at this for you I've sent you a private message to get a few more details (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

I had an original installation date of 31st August last year and still waiting! Dates just keep getting pushed back and usually only notified late evening of the day before, so I've needlessly used paid holiday to wait in house pointlessly.

I've had no landline all this time, which is not ideal if there was an emergency.

I'm getting absolutely nowhere with this, just keep getting fobbed off with assurances they're doing their best.

I'm now heading into 6 months from first date they said it would happen.

We'e sorry to hear of the delayed installation @AnbyB2022, and we would certainly prefer not to keep a customer waiting for an extended period of time for their services to be installed.

Can you please advise me what reasoning we've offered for the delay previously? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

They mentioned 'blockage' last September.

I can see my colleague has raised this with the Area Field Manager to be looked into further, as soon sa they have an update they will let you know here AndyB2022

Rob