cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv

blinddog
Joining in

I’m going away for 4 weeks on holiday. If I turn my VM hub etc power off at the socket will I just be able to start it up as normal or will I have to contact VM cause I haven’t used it for so long. TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @blinddog 

It's possible that the devices will be de-activated if they haven't been used for around 30 days.

If that does happen then youm would  need to call 0800 953 9500 to re-activate the devices.

If so have your account and area number handy, and the devices serial numbers which can be found on a sticker on the device(s)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @blinddog 

It's possible that the devices will be de-activated if they haven't been used for around 30 days.

If that does happen then youm would  need to call 0800 953 9500 to re-activate the devices.

If so have your account and area number handy, and the devices serial numbers which can be found on a sticker on the device(s)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've put "TV" in the subject line, so I assume you have a VM TV service also.

If this is a V6 or TV360, then your home broadband provides the internet connection for TV guide updates. If that is cutoff, then your planned recordings will all fail after the TV guide data expires - it won't be able to update.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks