Menu
Dil1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tv control app keeps dropping or constantly buffering

hi I’m a newbie and thought I’d posted this last Sunday but can no longer find it (?). The issue is that when home streaming my TV control app on my tablet keeps disconnecting with the V6 box which is on WiFi. When I do connect to stream it constantly buffers with the wheel just spinning making viewing impossible. My other V6 box is hardwired into router and I have no issue with this. The V6 box is showing 67% connection and I have tested speed via the app on the tablet and the result is ‘high quality’ viewing however I have purposefully set it to medium quality to prevent buffering. I’m at a loss? Is it my WiFi connection around the house poor causing the issue? I have updated the app and have the latest software. The tablet is brand new as I’ve just replaced my old one thinking this was the culprit. Any help is appreciated.

thank you

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tv control app keeps dropping or constantly buffering

Since everything works fine when directly connected via cable your hub is fine and so is your connection. You just have a weak WiFi signal. 

Have you tried using a WiFi booster? or powerline adaptor ?

0 Kudos
Dil1
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv control app keeps dropping or constantly buffering

Hi thank you for your reply. Following your advice I repositioned my TP link booster and tested. After 35mins of viewing via the app there was no buffering (👍🏼). I will monitor over the next few days. 

0 Kudos