Menu
Edward000
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Trying to transfer landline, keep getting told different things

Hi,

I have moved into my parents house. Both of us had virgin media prior to this and as my contact was cheaper for a better package the phone operator recommended I cancel my father's contract and move mine over. We agreed on £42 monthly on a 30day rolling contract and I was also told that because my father's landline was not on the virgin line and was separate (although provided by virgin) it would not be affected.

The exchange days passed and the phone line was disconnected and the landline number that we have owned for 35 years was lost.

Issue 1: I have been signed into a 12 month contract which I did not agree to and have been told it's not in the notes that I requested the 30 day rolling even though we had extensive negotiations about the new contract previously.

Issue 2: I need to get the old phone number back from the closed account and someone on the phone has told me they have submitted a form to request it even though I have no phone package on my account which I did have before the move. I need to verify this is correct and that the correct number is being transferred. I was also told to phone 170 on Wednesday to see if the number had been transferred (although I still won't have a phone package) however I can find no mention of 170 being a contact number for virgin.

Can someone please investigate these issues for me as I have spent 4.5 hours on the phone in the past few days being passed about with people that tell me different stories. As well as 2 call backs that never happened. I'm fed up of waiting for 20 minutes at a time to speak to someone and am requesting that someone contacts me directly with a resolution to both issues.

Thank you.

Ed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to transfer landline, keep getting told different things

Hello Edward, 

Thanks for signing up to our community forum page it's great to have you on board . 

I'm very sorry to hear about both of these problems and I have now sent you a private message so I can then access your account to hopefully rectify the situation. 

Regards, 

Dean C

0 Kudos
Edward000
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

How do I contact you privately?

Ed.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Edward000 can click on their username and choose send private message or the direct link https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/599418

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos