cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to connect but previous tenent has active line

GJD52
Joining in

I've recently moved into a new property and i've just joined VM. My kit has been sent out to me but i am unable to connect as the previous tenant still has an active line, this has stopped me activating my broadband and TV package. My wife and I work from home and this has been such an inconvenience. I wish I was made aware of this before signing up, I would have gone elsewhere otherwise. 

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @GJD52 

It sounds like the previous occupier hasn't cancelled their VM connection.

When you made your order this would normally have flagged up on the VM systems and a "gone away" email form would have sent out - this will be the reason for the delay with the installation.

A member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you in couple of days.

I'll flag the post for you so hopefully it will be picked up tomorrow.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Gjd52

Sorry to hear of the issues with your recent order and activation of the services, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We can see you have contacted and spoken to the team today, were they able to shed any light on this or offer any solutions in regards this? Sometimes if a disconnection is booked on an account for a future date we aren't able to process that until the date it is set for.

We're eager to look into this further for you and I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes that's basically what I was told on the phone (spoke to multiple different departments) the disconnection date is towards the end of this month and VM can't seem to bring that forward or over ride it.

You would think there would be some sort of over ride in place - as I'm sure this is happening to many different customers who move into properties with VM in place. I'm being punished for the previous tenants error in not cancelling in time. Surely that's not right?

Thanks,

Grant

We truly apologise for this activation experience on behalf of team @GJD52. I can, however, see that the team is looking into possible options for a work around in this case. Please bear with our team while we do our best to help in this circumstance.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs