cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel installation: Will I receive notice of external works?

rem90mer
Joining in

I order broadband to a new address yesterday. The install was scheduled for 03/02/2021.

Today, I was told external works would be required before 03/02/2021 so I have tried to cancel my order. I replied with 'HELP' to the text (07480632160) to the external works text and when asked to text 'CONFIRM' if I wanted the works to proceed I replied with 'Cancel' and then 'I want to cancel my order please'. I then sent a formal message requested cancellation. 

I have tried to phone but got no answer. I have texted 07533051809 requesting cancellation but no reply yet.

I have also written and posted a letter to the Nottingham address requesting cancellation, and posted the contract with Cancel written on the front page to the Hampshire address. 

In all 4 of my communications I explicitly said that Virgin do not have permission to undertake any works at the property.

I am worried that the engineers will still come to address before I have moved in (29/01/2021) and undertake external works without my permission and without the Landlord's permission. Do the engineers or Virgin call or text before they undertake external works if they are required? Do they visit the property and/or get in contact to assess things before? 

2 REPLIES 2

TrueVerdict
On our wavelength

Heya,

I would probably say call Virgin ASAP - speak with their pre-install team to cancel any works/install.

If you call at around 8am you normally get through pretty quickly but you will need to persevere with the waiting on the line.

I've found in the past the text services are pretty slow responders, probably as everyone picks the lowest hanging fruit/least resistance way of contacting any company.

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you find my responses help or amuse you in any way, please cheer me up and give me some Kudos - - - - Services: Hub5 350mb speedtest.net result 4th October 2022 DOWNLOAD Mbps
UPLOAD Mbps

[url=https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/edb79d7e5af1cf944814b1853a23837e0fe2ad2f][img]https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/thumb/edb79d7e5af1cf944814b1853a23837e0fe2ad2f.png[/img][/url]

Hi TrueVerdict,

Thank you for the response. I tried calling several times yesterday. I got through once and spoke to someone who transferred me to another team, but no one answered after 30 minutes. I'll try calling first thing.