cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trunking below brown ominibox not installed

atixerant
Tuning in

Just had virgin media go live. I’m ina development of 3 new houses, both other houses have a short brown trunking from the brown box to where the cable comes out of the ground to protect the cable, mine does not and the cable is just pinned to the wall. How do I get the trunking installed?

avonline didn’t do it when they range the cable and the guy who came yesterday with the router didn’t do it either. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Steve, that would be great, just want them to come along and install that brown cable cover/protector.  

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post a photo to assist VM in fixing the problem.  If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @atixerant,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that there appears to be an issue with your installation. Would you mind providing a photo of what you're referring to so we can have a better idea of how we can help you?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

all down to the individual tech - the 2 with trunking are more of an exception than i think yours is - but no harm in asking 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

3704EE05-1A9E-42D7-95CF-D681307CEAC9.jpegFE740160-39E9-474D-915A-4D44413C0EDE.jpegThank you, ours is on left. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

nice - in fact VERY nice job on the right but sadly not typical - see if VM van get anyone back to do the same for you

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Any idea who makes the trunking or what it’s called? If I can find it installing it myself might be quicker! 🤣

It's this but you have to buy it in quantities

https://www.millsltd.com/default/catalog/product/view/id/11959/s/brown-riser-guard-2-4m-pk10/categor...

Try eBay, or wait for VM staff to pick this up and send someone back to tidy up your installation. 

Hey @atixerant,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry that the first thing that you have to do is to complain about the state that your cabling has been left in.

I would be happy to arrange an appointment for you to get this looked into further, would you like me to do this for you?

Regards,

Steven_L 

Hi Steve, that would be great, just want them to come along and install that brown cable cover/protector.