Menu
Highlighted
SWalls
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Trouble with Quickstart

Hi all,

I ordered broadband only a few days ago and picked up my kit this evening to do a Quickstart at home (there was already a socket in my flat and the advisor I spoke to said Virgin had been supplied here in the past).

I've followed all the instructions including activating it by replying 'GO' to the text they'd sent me.

All I'm getting is a solid green WiFi light and a flashing green baselight. They booklet says they'll be some flashing as it sets up, but I don't know if this is what it meant. I've been fairly patient and waited longer than it suggests, but this is all itsi doing.

I got through to some sort of support line, but it's fairly late and they guy wasn't super clear. He was very quick to book me an engineer over a week from now.

Anyone got any advice? Should I just leave it doing its thing? Are these the normal flashing lights as it downlands/updates what it needs to on first set up?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trouble with Quickstart

First thing is to ring for assistance. It may be that the hub did not activate correctly, but also can be a sign of signal issues on the drop line to the cabinet in the street. In either case Customer Services should be able to run tests to determine what the next step is.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos
SWalls
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I called this morning, they said it's definitely activated.

I left the hub in all night so it wasn't just downloading software.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@SWalls wrote:

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I called this morning, they said it's definitely activated.

I left the hub in all night so it wasn't just downloading software.

Have you actually tried connecting to it?  Try a Cat6a ethernet cable connected direct into the Hub from a computer or laptop and see whether it works - check speed at speedtest.net.  Also see if wifi is working.  If not do a pinhole reset to factory settings.  Push the pin on the back/bottom of the hub with the end of a paperclip in until you feel its its stop point and hold for a "timed" 60 seconds do NOT restart the router after that.  Then try connecting as above.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos