cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble setting up

iyzhaan02
Joining in

Hi there, just wondering if anyone can help with my small issue. The problem is that I have ordered a hub 3 a few days ago it’s come yesterday, I’ve followed all the instructions on how to set it up correctly except one. This being the landline wire. There is already wifi in my house but doesn’t reach my room so I decided to get my own wifi for my room. I’ve read up online that I don’t need the phone landline to get the broadband to work but there’s still no hope and it still flashes green with the wifi symbol green too. Was just wondering if I need to have the landline wire in or not?

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

The VM Hub 3 does not sound like it is working normally.   A Hub 3 displays just a single White Bar near the bottom of the front panel when it is working correctly & it has access to the internet.

Solve the Hub 3 installation problem first, then move on to the Wi-Fi coverage of your room.

New Install Assistance

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.

Explain what needs to be done and book an engineer visit.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin works on a coaxial cable that comes in from the street. As such you do not need a Landline phone or a phone line, but you do need the coaxial cable or fibre feed from the street cabinet.

Quick start kits are only issued to you if there has been a service at the address before, so you will need to find one of these outlets:

Older coax outletOlder coax outlet

New Euro outletNew Euro outlet

in your property. If there isn't one look outside for a brown or grey box with an underground cable coming in, & the outlet cable will either go straight through the wall or to other points on the property.

If not you will need to call the pre-install team on 0800 052 1734 to have a coaxial socket installed

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks