Menu
Simbanlad
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Trouble setting up cctv mobile connection on port 80

I have recently connected a Nightwatcher CCTV system I am unable to complete the system because Nightwatcher tells me th Virgin media blocks port 80 which this system uses to connect to. So I am unable to set up 4g mobile acces because of this port being closed. I rang Virgin media it was going to cost me £60 to talk to a third party to resolve this problem I was disgusted have never had to pay before. I have seen on some of these forums about port forwarding but I have never done this before and only have little computer tech knowledge. Has anyone got any suggestions of how to do this or get the mobile 4g working without doing this any instructions or videos would help.

Thank you

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trouble setting up cctv mobile connection on port 80

You need to get your own router with 1Gb ports and put the hub in modem mode it will cost you £50 and up depending on the router you get.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trouble setting up cctv mobile connection on port 80

VM do NOT block port 80 and you do NOT need your own router to do simple port forwarding on your router. I think there is a guide to port forwarding on the VM site.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos