cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Booking Pre-Installation Engineer

GianniVetro
Joining in

I am keen to get Virgin Broadband but need to get an engineer in first to see if it would damage my property at all and if it would work in all rooms of my house (as our current Sky wifi doesn’t work in majority of the rooms).  I cannot seem to find anywhere I can get a pre-install engineer booked despite reading it’s a possibility.  Tried to call twice and got disconnected after hours being passed around. Can anybody be please help me get this booked in so I can start the process?

4 REPLIES 4

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there,

I can certainly help you with this, I have sent you a private message (purple envelope top right corner) where I can discuss it further with you.

Thank you, Joe

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Thx!   Don’t see anything in my inbox though, could you please resend?

cheers

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your time, 

Glad I could help you get this sorted.

Thanks 

Joe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

@GianniVetro I would just like to say, that any pre-installation inspection will just consist of them working out how to get the cable from the street into your house. Definitely a hole will be drilled through the front wall to bring the cable in to wherever you want the VM hub installed.

However, forget whatever they may say regarding WiFi coverage, it is absolutely impossible to say with any degree of certainty what the coverage will be like, until it is actually in place and working. And, take it from me, if anyone give you any ‘guarantees’ that it will be fine - they are lying! To be fair, this is true for any and all service providers - WiFi is a real black art, I promise, you that you could have a perfect WiFi setup, until I happen to move in next door and install some gear which obliterates your entire WiFi connection! It really is that flaky!