cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to arrange installation since Weds - POOR

Sulldorf
Tuning in

Hi,

getting no joy trying to arrange installation when it was booked in over 3 weeks ago for the 1st of June. Everytime I get through and explain the operator at the call centre keeps me on hold when trying to book the appt then they cut out the line. (This has happened at least 3 times)

I also have a virgin box on the front of my house which I wasn’t consulted on. Bit of an eyesore and should be on the side at least. When sky came they asked where they wanted the dish.

Wishing to cancel the whole thing before anything else - really bad and will stick with SKY.

How can I get the box removed from the front of my house?

Thanks,

19 REPLIES 19

Hi Sulldorf,

I have reached out to my colleague regarding this and they have advised they are still awaiting an update on this. 

^Martin

Hi,

What is the likelihood someone can come and do it?

If you can send the instructions I have a spark coming on Tuesday doing some wiring, do you think he could do it instead with your guide?

Thanks,

Thanks for coming back to us @Sulldorf, the work would need to be carried out by one of our technicians. 

Would you like us to arrange this for you?

Regards,

Steven_L

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you are getting the run around - referred to AFM - thats likely to be a black hole - see if the last VM staff member can book a tech - if not just remove it and fill any holes - a tech if one ever gets there will do little and the statement that IT NEEDS a tech to sort it is way off the truth

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Can you do what Tony says below and get it referred to tech team. If I don’t have anyone round in the next two weeks I will be removing it myself.

you have my details via PM - use this as a notice 

Thanks,

Hi @Sulldorf

Thanks for your reply

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Travis_M wrote:

Hi @Sulldorf

Thanks for your reply

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

@Travis_M wrote:

Hi @Sulldorf

Thanks for your reply

Regards

how many more pms - one on the 6th was replied to by op another later says its all in hand and now you start again - its with the AFM afaik and that means nothing is going to happen - no surprise there

to @Sulldorf just remove it and put it in the skip or the bin - you are getting the classic run around from VM - all talk and absolutely no action

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks Tony - will give Travis until the end of the day to book something (just replied to this)

Got the be one of the worst companies in the UK. Couldn’t set me up, can’t get through to anyone and when you do they put the phone down when it gets “tricky”. Now they can’t even remove the box they didn’t ask to be put on the front of the house.

Notice sent two weeks ago to remove it myself and will be doing shortly.

Thanks for coming back to us @Sulldorf, we are still waiting to hear back from the area manager on this issue, I have chased them right now for an update for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Steven_L wrote:

Thanks for coming back to us @Sulldorf, we are still waiting to hear back from the area manager on this issue, I have chased them right now for an update for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

you contacted the AFM on the 6th - it would seem he/she is applying the usual - lets do nothing and hope the punter goes away - thats how it works usually - @Sulldorf - remove it and put it in the bin - no one who works for VM is going to sort this

Tony.
Sacked VIP