cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to arrange installation since Weds - POOR

Sulldorf
Tuning in

Hi,

getting no joy trying to arrange installation when it was booked in over 3 weeks ago for the 1st of June. Everytime I get through and explain the operator at the call centre keeps me on hold when trying to book the appt then they cut out the line. (This has happened at least 3 times)

I also have a virgin box on the front of my house which I wasn’t consulted on. Bit of an eyesore and should be on the side at least. When sky came they asked where they wanted the dish.

Wishing to cancel the whole thing before anything else - really bad and will stick with SKY.

How can I get the box removed from the front of my house?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will respond on here in a day or two (after hols?) and can arrange that.

If that doesnt happen and you have written confirmation of the account cancellation tand a reasonable time has elapsed then you are free to remove it yourself and put it in a skip.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

Sulldorf
Tuning in

Hi,

We have cancelled the virgin package due to poor communication and nobody willing to book and appointment to install everything.

Please can someone PM me regarding the removal of the virgin box from the front of our house (which we weren’t consulted on) it’s an eyesore and wish for it to be removed ASAP with minimal damage to the wall.

Thank you

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will respond on here in a day or two (after hols?) and can arrange that.

If that doesnt happen and you have written confirmation of the account cancellation tand a reasonable time has elapsed then you are free to remove it yourself and put it in a skip.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you John how many holes will be in the wall do you think?

Apprehensive to take it off in case it ruins the brickwork.

Thanks,

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Depends on the omnibox... take the cover off and take a look.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hey @Sulldorf,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm really sorry that we haven't been able to install your services and have placed an omni box at the front of your house. 

I can arrange for this to be removed from the front of your house but would need to take a few details via private message to be able to do that. 

I will drop the private message over in a moment and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details @Sulldorf, the team will remove the omnibox with the least amount of damage to your property that they can, thats all that I can advise from here as we aren't involved in the removal process other than booking it in. 

I will need to reach out to the area manager, to see, when they can get this booked in as your account with us is no longer active, I will get back to you as soon as I can with an update.

Regards,

Steven_L

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Sulldorf wrote:

Thank you John how many holes will be in the wall do you think?

Apprehensive to take it off in case it ruins the brickwork.

Thanks,

whatever holes are there are there and dont expect VM to do much other that fill them with silicone - that assumes they come back - its been referred to the AFM - that can be the same as putting the request in the bin - some will get it sorted - others will ignore the request and hope you go away

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thank you for coming back to me.

Please can you send me an email confirming this and when it has been booked in?

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Sulldorf wrote:

Thank you for coming back to me.

Please can you send me an email confirming this and when it has been booked in?

staff have contacted the AFM - you might get someone out this week or the request might go in the bin hoping you forget about the problem and go away - thats the nature of response from AFM's - if nothing happens then staff here can ask again and again - i dont think they can book a tech so its wait and see or do it yourself

Tony.
Sacked VIP