cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Broadband to new address with VM available but not connected

pkw5
Joining in

Can anyone state how long it would take to move my existing 200mbps VM Broadband and Phone connected to a new area which is VM enabled via a pathway termination box, but not connected to the actual property, and if there is a fast track way of actioning it?

The length of time I am concerned about is when I take ownership of the new house and having my VM Broadband working.

I can dig a trench to the house from the pathway which would assist the install team.

I am presently in LE7 Leicester area and moving to LE13 Melton Mowbray area.

9 REPLIES 9

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi pkw5,

Thanks for posting. Have you spoken to the Movers team in relation to moving your services to the new address?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Don't even think of doing digging, for one thing it will be in the wrong place as VM (or very possibly a contractor) will dig a narrow trench from the distribution cabinet to your property in order to install the microduct.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

pkw5
Joining in

Thanks. No I haven’t contacted the Movers Team yet as I haven’t got a moving date, it was just a preliminary enquiry to get an estimate of time.

I’m just concerned the house isn’t connected to the pathway vm lidded box, and would require a cabling team and a separate installation engineer.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

As a start, do some serious reading of similar threads on here about new connections that have required cables to be laid to the pavement. This will give you an understanding of the problems you will have to negotiate.

If your move dates are fixed you will almost certainly need a temporary broadband connection by 4g/5g until the Virgin service is working. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for the advice.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pkw5

Please don't send PM's unless asked 🙂

You'll need to speak to the Movers team who can go through this for you. 

150 / 0345 454 1111 - best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello pkw5,

Hope you are okay.

Just a quick message to see if you have been able to contact our Movers Team yet?

Gareth_L

Gareth

I have been in touch with the movers team.

I wasn’t too sure what the guy was talking about, as he had a poor telephone voice, but I think he said he could get a line from the pathway connector to the property install ed before I actually move in? Otherwise it would be 2 weeks after I move in.

Does any of that sound correct?

Hi pkw5,

If there is construction work needed then we would aim to make sure this is resolved before the installation yes 🙂

Alex_Rm