cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer to virgin

Jivan
Tuning in

Will Virgins inform previous provider (and terminating it by doing so) when new service is installed?

7 REPLIES 7

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Thanks for your post. 

We wouldn't normally contact your current Internet service provider, this is something the customer would do. 

The only time we sometimes do this is if you are having a number port for the landline, but we would always recommend you speak with your provider yourself to discuss contract end dates.

Is your install booked in?

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Thank you for info! Yes Virgin install is booked for 21.8… I am in process of finding out how to cancel previous provider Talktalk

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Legally VM cannot cancel your previous supplier contract as it is with you not VM, but this can be achieved if you are transferring your landline phone number to VM. I would recommend not cancelling your existing contract until the VM installation is complete and your are satisfied with the new service.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Just to clarify: if you are porting your landline number you must not cancel your Talktalk contract as the porting will not be done if the number is not live, and VM should notify TalkTalk that the service is being transferred.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi @Jivan thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Are you bringing your telephone number across to Virgin Media and if so, have you made sure our sales team are aware of this?  I can have a look to ensure, if you wish?

Regards

Lee_R

Yes, I keep my telephone number. It was required information on the order form. I would very much appreciate if you would be so kind and ensure this with your sales team - thank you!

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jivan.

I can certainly look into this for you. I'll just need to confirm a few details via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team