cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of ownership Issues

Leedsgooner
Dialled in

I transferred the ownership over to my wife as she works for o2 so got a staff discount, on Sunday our landline went down followed by our tv and broadband, after 7.5 hours on the phone we still haven't got an account number so cannot register for anything or Install apps. We were also told today that our telephone number of 30 years has gone and we will have a new telephone number whatever that is as no one has told us. My question is, how can we get the new account number without having to speak to Incompetent VM agents ?

Apparently our new tv boxes & broadband are not activated even though they are working as they should, I do miss having 2 x TB boxes though and am not a fan of having to share all recordings.

Thanks for any help

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

Transfer of ownership of the account used to be a thing, but I understand this was stopped a while ago other than in a few cases, bereavement etc. so I’m not sure what may have happened in your case.

I have a horrible suspicion that you were badly advised and actually the whole lot has been cancelled.

Incompetent VM agents - why I couldn’t possibly comment!

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Leedsgooner

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with the accounts.

We do not offer transfer of responsibility for an account any longer except in certain circumstances such as a bereavement. 

Its most likely your account was disconnected and your wife has taken out a new account in her name with her staff benefits.

I am sorry if you were mis informed in anyway.

Since posting, how have things been? 

She should have received an email contract which will include the account number and area reference needed to sign up for an online account. Please ask her to check her junk folder as these can sometimes appear there.

If you need any further help with the phone port please let me know and I will send you a private message so we can discuss that further. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide