cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total loss of service

Basher19
Joining in

I have had no tv no broadband and no landline since Friday morning on the 20th January 18 days as of today due to a damaged fibre cable outside my property is this normal to wait this length of time all I get from customer service is someone will be out on certain date then no one shows up

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey Basher19, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear you've had a total loss of service for a few weeks now.

I have look at our end and I can you've been in contact with the team, did they manage to get this resolved for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Basher19 wrote:

I have had no tv no broadband and no landline since Friday morning on the 20th January 18 days as of today due to a damaged fibre cable outside my property is this normal to wait this length of time all I get from customer service is someone will be out on certain date then no one shows up

Keep detailed records of the outage, and VM's failure to repair, to ensure you are compensated correctly

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Has anyone been out to look at the damage?

Where is the cable damaged? On your property or out in the street?

Is the service to your house coaxial cable (as in wire) or fibre optic?

If you have a coaxial cable and it is damaged on your property and there is enough slack to make a repair, a VM tech can sometimes join the cable for a temporary fix.

This option to repair (if feasible) sometimes gets a bit lost in translation when phoning in and a cable replacement is booked instead (which can be a never-ending pantomime when left to VM).

The damage to the fibre is outside on the street

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Basher19 wrote:
The damage to the fibre is outside on the street

You may be in for a long wait in that case.

The VM forum team will reply here within a few days and will take your details from you via a PM.

Hey Basher19, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear you've had a total loss of service for a few weeks now.

I have look at our end and I can you've been in contact with the team, did they manage to get this resolved for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Basher19
Joining in

Update regarding my total loss of service from Friday 20th January kier construction appeared yesterday Friday  10th February to try to blow through another fibre but with no success it only got as far as 71 metres then stopped i expected the digging squad who where with them to do their job but they didn't saying something about them not sure which route the cable took don't know when they will be back. After they left I went outside to have a look and stevie wonder could clearly see which way it goes. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Basher19, thanks for your posts and updates.
We're sorry to hear the cabling work and digging required to restore your services was not completed upon the latest visit from our subcontractors.

Based on our checks, it appears there's more work to be done so the crew will return on site today 14th Feb. to finish this job.

Please, keep us posted so we know it's done once they've ran all cables throughout.
If you have any more concerns in the meantime feel free to ask and we're here to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Basher19
Joining in

Day 26 of my total loss of service. I had message saying someone would be out yesterday to fix my problem but for the umpteen time no one showed up its an absolute farce I don't understand stand whats so difficult about this.  The new fibre only goes in as far as 71 metres so measure it out and dig down and repair it a four hour job and am heading for four weeks incredible 

Basher19
Joining in

Days 27 of my total loss of service. Another repull appointment has passed with no one showing up not one phone call from a area manager to let me know what's happening. Can anyone tell me if I can leave virgin media without any exit fees as they have not provided a service to which I am paying for tv broadband and landline for almost four weeks 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Basher19, thanks for the update and sorry to see it's taking longer.
This external work requires 2network engineers and is subject to availability.

Our latest update shows the cabling job should complete by the end of today, can you please confirm is your hub is powered up and what's the colour of the main light on it?

Let us know and we're happy to advise more where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs