cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total loss of Service HX3

BenFax
On our wavelength

I live in Shelf, Halifax, HX3 7NX, have had zero TV or broadband since the early hours of Tuesday.  This is affecting multiple addresses in the local area.  The service status page just keeps moving the date and time that this will supposedly be fixed.  A technician is allegedly in the area working on this according to the page but this is pure fabrication.  Customer services are no help whatsoever and can say nothing beyond that they are working on it but can give no specifics and have no access to further information beyond what shows on the service status page.  This is an absolute joke, an utterly appalling way to run a business and dreadful customer service.  It is now saying that they hope to have it fixed by noon tomorrow, that will be the fourth day of no service. You can't even register a complaint online, I've completed the web form twice but it doesn't work and nothing is logged.  I don't want insincere apologies or appreciations of how frustrating it must be, I and other people in the area just want this fixed.  Anyone any ideas on this on what to do other than wait for the mythical technician?

17 REPLIES 17

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Only thing you can do is to make sure you have logged your TLS with VM which will start the count for any compensation due.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Checking the Service Status number 0800 561 0061 is claimed on here to give the most accurate info. I think I have have also read on here recently that also logs you as being affected by the TLS (but don't know 100% if that is certain).

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BenFax

Welcome back to the community. 

Really sorry to hear you have an ongoing outage. I can assure you the team are working to try and get this resolved for you as soon as possible. There are engineers working in the area to fix this as we speak. I have checked the system and can see that the estimated end date has been moved to today, 9th October at 10am. Once the outage looks closed/fixed, please reboot your equipment and let us know if you have any further issues.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

BenFax
On our wavelength

No disrespect to you personally but everyone in the area is fed up with your apologies and constant moving of the goalposts. The estimated fix time has been moving back all week. Do you have any further information beyond what it says on the status page? Engineers were in the area on Friday for a couple of hours but still nothing is resolved.

BenFax
On our wavelength

It's now moved to the new fictional time of 10am tomorrow. Then it will move on again and again and again..... Utterly incompetent company. 

Hey BenFax, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry the outage was extended.

This has now been fixed, and I have taken a look at your connection and it looks like it has been restored.

How has the connection been lately, everything okay now? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

BenFax
On our wavelength

No, everything is not ok, I still have no service despite what your service status says.  I phoned customer services to log once more and they say they have to send someone to my property which is nonsense, it is still an area issue.  Me neighbours have no service, family who live 300 yards away have no service.  Whatever your engineers have done to make them think they have restored service blatantly hasn't worked.  I want out of my contract early, I've now had no service for eight days as have multiple others.

Yep same issue here in same postcode. App telling me service is back up and running, Virgin Hub and an angry partner telling me otherwise.  Only solution apparently is a house visit next Monday.  Absolutely not good enough and feel totally let down.  

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BenFax,

I am sorry you feel this way, I have checked our systems and there is no area outage, I have checked the area's latency and this looks fine.
I hope the tech can further assist with this for you.

Zoie

BenFax
On our wavelength

Yes there is. Scores of people in the area still have no service- my neighbours, my sister a few streets away, her neighbours and so many others on the local Facebook community page. You can look at the service status page all you like and kid yourself that everything is ok but it isn't. Your company is a laughing stock now in the local area.