Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time from Street Cable to House Connected

Fisher223
Tuning in

Hi,

would like some help please.

My street was cabled approximately six weeks ago and was told that the local network would become live by the end of August. Now mid September and have not seen anyone working on the network since the cable laying.

Can someone give me a guide on the time lapse from street cable installation to system going live and house connection availability. 

Great desire to move from 15mbs currently provided. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there,

I will send you a private message now to take some details and I will look into this for you.

Thanks Joe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

24 REPLIES 24

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there,

I will send you a private message now to take some details and I will look into this for you.

Thanks Joe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

I am sure Joe will be able to get you a more accurate date But on average from the cables going into the ground to service going live it’s around six months. This is because although the cables are there the street cabinets may not yet be live. We tend to turn on areas all at once so we need the majority of a bill to be completed before we can activate anybody. I think you’d be looking at Christmas or New Year before he will have the opportunity to take the service. But I’m sure Joe will be able to get you an exact date.

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Just sent a reply to Joe-C.

Virgin rep called at the house this morning and informed me the local system will go live from tomorrow!

Have filled out the contact form I was given and hopefully will be connected soon.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Has a cable actually been run from the street to your house?  If not the sales person was being a little optimistic. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

My expectation is that VM will be in a position to accept orders from tomorrow because all the work has been done to get customers connected. Once an order has been accepted a 2-man team will install a microduct from the toby to the premise, fit the omni box and blow the fibre from the street cabinet to the omni box.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Fisher223

Thanks for popping back to us to keep us updated, I'm really glad to hear the local system is now live for you.

If there's anything else you need, please do let us know 🙂 We look forward to welcoming you to Virgin Media very soon!

Kind regards,

Serena

Had a small issue with the leaflet which had the wrong text number  but new text sent this afternoon.

Cable to house not yet run but its a fairly short run.

With everything that has been going on over the last year glad it is this close to connection.

Existin connection and this is on a good day!

Fisher223_0-1632750534010.png

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Was that with a wired connection?  If so, post your connection data from 192.168.0.1

If it was WiFi, do a test with a wired connection.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.