Menu
Roxyshikira
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box installation

I received my TiVo box today and have spent nearly 4 hours trying to get it set up.. it gets to the installing software page and everything works until verify then it says connection unsuccessful, I’ve been on the phone to virgin 3 times!!! The first time someone told me they would get someone to ring me back within 5 working days, the second time they told me they would do the manual software install and to try again in and hour which o tried and it didn’t work.. the 3rd time I got cut off. Someone please help I’m going out of my mind with no tv and slowly giving up on virgin media.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box installation

Did you call the "Activation" number that was in in the information that came with it?
Is it a Tivo or a V6?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Roxyshikira
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes it was activated at 2pm and it’s a TiVo one I believe 

0 Kudos
EightBall
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is this an upgrade to an older box? Is there a splitter? Can you post some photos of the setup?

0 Kudos
Roxyshikira
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have no idea it’s a new box as I’ve never had virgin before. 

0 Kudos
Roxyshikira
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry just checked and it’s a v6 box thing 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ok if its a V6 it needs plugging into VM via the coax cable and also connecting to your Hub - preferably by ethernet cable. Switch both V6 & Hub off and unplug from mains for 5 mins. Then restart the Hub and wait until other devices are connected back to the internet. Then switch on the V6 and it will remake the network connection - if on ethernet. If not it will search for your wifi networks - you select it and put in your password. See if that sorts it - if not what error message are you getting.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos