Menu
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Third time lucky - perhaps?

Hi all,

well i'm looking again at the fast Virgin Fibre, this being potentially my third attempt to try and get this sorted. The last 2 attempts have ended up being a no go due to cabling issues, i'm hoping that's all sorted in my village now.

So the big question for Virgin themselves, has there been a successful install on my road yet? If so then i'll be looking to sign up.

I would be very grateful if someone from Virgin could PM me and I will let you know my details so you can look the road up.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Third time lucky - perhaps?

you would know if there had been an install in your road as they would be digging it up to lay the cables and to install the t-points outside each property on the pavement.
0 Kudos
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi, no this was already done almost 2 years ago. Its not a case if wondering if we have Virgin as I know obviously we do in the village, its a case of whether any house on my road has had a successful installation.

over the last 2 years the pavement in my village has been dug up so many times I’ve lost count! So I’m hoping now that my road actually has some successful installations

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Have you asked any of your neighbours ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes, my immediate neighbours have exactly the same issue we had with the cabling, so they also decided not to have any more workmen digging up the pavement outside.

0 Kudos
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

well still no answer to my question, I guess Virgin don't want my money?? Or maybe they are too embarrassed to reply and confirm my suspicions that no-one in my road has been connected to their infrastructure!?

You might wonder why I am bothering to keep this post going, don't get me wrong I would love to get myself connected to Virgins fast fibre broadband, and hence the reason to try and get some kind of response from Virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello rogersmj

Thank you for posting this on our forum and welcome to the community. Apologies in the delays in getting back to you. Have you been able to speak to the team since your post? Is this something you still require assistance with?

You can check what services are available to you by clicking here virg.in/checker and entering your post code.

Rob

0 Kudos
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

thanks for the post. I've still no feedback regarding this, so would be grateful if this is something you could help with please.

If you could PM me i'll give you all the details you may need.

many thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi rogersmj, I'll be happy to take a look for you. Please send me a PM confirming your full address, I'll do some digging and get back to you asap. 

Tom

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Tom_F wrote:

Hi rogersmj, I'll be happy to take a look for you. Please send me a PM confirming your full address, I'll do some digging and get back to you asap.

Tom

I see what you did there! Smiley LOL

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'