cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Delayed Installation

moloneydermot
Joining in

I signed up for VM Brodband on 5th Jan. Was supposed to be installed on 15th Jan. Some engineers turned up(no notice) week before 15th Jan and apparently had some problems. Installation date moved to 19th Feb. I was not happy with this. Called Customer Support and they were no help and didnt know what problem was. On 16th Feb, different engineer turned up(again no notice) and said he was having problems. Said he would be back today. Last night I got message saying my installation is delayed until 14 Mar. Really unhappy now. Called Customer support at 8:15 pm, they said they couldnt help and I would need to speak to Installation team. I dont want to be passed around to different teams and doing Virgins work for them. I am not prepared to wait until 14 March. Either install it within next week or forget it. I live in gated development, a number of my neighbours already have VM, how difficult can this be. I expect a few days in advance of next installation date, another different engineer will appear, have the same problem and the installation date will be delayed again. This is ridicolous and terrible customer service!! 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
My standard response is this....

The current VM installation process is badly managed when things arent straightforward. So dont bother chasing it. Let them play their games and let the installation play out. Do nothing. You pay nothing (£0) until a VM connection is installed and activated. And even from then (if it gets that far) you have 14 days in which to cancel - again with no costs. Or keep it if you like it in those 14 days

Can you connect to OR,Sky, BT etc - or a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract? Three and Smarty have a 30day 4G unlimited package for £20 (or less on a deal). If so, do it now and just let the VM install run its course. You will pay nothing until VM's service is installed and operational. When it finally happens, you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or, if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other service (hence better if you took a 30-day contract).

See John’s excellent precis in message 18 of this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @moloneydermot

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team. 

Can I ask if you have been able to reach out to our pre installs team at all on 0800 052 1734?

Thank you.