cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think twice if you’re thinking of joining virgin

leejones1
Joining in

I’m in the same boat as loads of members on this forum. I’ve been waiting for the construction team to arrive so they can cable pull. They make an appointment then change it with any notice or communication. My wife works from home so this is now having massive implications on her job. The final icing on the cake is that they will not pay any compensations that they have agreed with ofcom. They claim it is not there fault 😂. Rest assured I’ll be calling Virgin and ofcom tomorrow!!! Joke of a company 

6 REPLIES 6

leejones1
Joining in

I’m in the same boat as loads of members on this forum. I’ve been waiting for the construction team to arrive so they can cable pull. They make an appointment then change it with any notice or communication. My wife works from home so this is now having massive implications on her job. The final icing on the cake is that they will not pay any compensations that they have agreed with ofcom. WThey claim it is not there fault 😂. Rest assured I’ll be calling Virgin and ofcom tomorrow!!! Joke of a company 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You only see problems on the board, never ever the 100’s of customers who installation goes ok.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I’m not asking much, I only want them to be honest with and give me some firm installation dates. And not fill me with BS every time I speak to them

Hey, lee,

In an 'ideal' world everything would go like proverbial clockwork ... Alas ... We don't live in an ideal world ...

It would take someone a minute to ring you to give you an update, enlightening you as to the extenuating circumstances of their no-show, but that's not going to happen 😲

They should update you if problems arise, but they won't, so alas it's a case of sitting in the window waiting for someone to pop along. I agree, (as does 100% of VM customers) that a firm date should be given and importantly, KEPT !

So, it's a wait 'n' see, unfortunately .....

🙄

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Tudor wrote:

You only see problems on the board, never ever the 100’s of customers who installation goes ok.

That's just what I keep telling myself.

But so many of the problems that occur are entirely unnecessary, due only to the woefully inadequate management and communications.

I do feel very sorry for staff who have to work under these conditions. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @leejones1,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with getting your installation sorted out. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a few more details and get this investigated for you. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!