cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The fibre cable to my property has been left scattered across my lawn.

mthomas9982
Joining in

I'm at my wits end. 

The cable install to my house is awful. Its been 2 weeks of backwards and forwards. I had a visit, he said 2 days and someone will be here to fix this horrendous install and that was a week ago. 

There is about 7 meters of cable just left to do nothing made worse by the installers taking a direct route through the middle of my lawn. Quite frankly I want out just to get rid of this headache.

I would love a DIRECT number to contact someone on before I pursue court proceedings for the state my property has been left in. 

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Suggest posting some photos of the issue on here. This then allows the VM forum team to refer on to someone local for action.

These kinds of issues do usually get sorted on here but VM's timescale for doing so can be variable (depending on the responsiveness of the person the matter is referred on to).

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-14 at 12.42.28 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-04-14 at 12.42.28 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-04-14 at 12.42.29 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-04-14 at 12.42.30 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-04-14 at 12.42.30 PM (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-04-14 at 12.42.30 PM.jpeg

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I will ask VM to come here and comment soon

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @mthomas9982

Thanks for your post

I'm going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@goslow Would you agree that all that's at fault here is that they didn't put the poles at either end, and leave a bag for clothes pegs?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Andrew-G wrote:

@goslow Would you agree that all that's at fault here is that they didn't put the poles at either end, and leave a bag for clothes pegs?

The installer was obviously old-skool and not clued up on the latest (flying) installation techniques! 😁

I thought photo no.1 might be an attempt at some kind of modern art installation (Jackson Pollock's springs to mind!)

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@goslow wrote:

@Andrew-G wrote:

The installer was obviously old-skool and not clued up on the latest (flying) installation techniques! 😁

I thought photo no.1 might be an attempt at some kind of modern art installation (Jackson Pollock's springs to mind!)

Good thinking!  If they're going all modernist, maybe they could also have John Cage's 4' 33" as the hold music for anybody unfortunate enough to seek customer service by phone.