cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The cable is too short from the wall box to my targeted location

samwong
Joining in

Hi all,

I'm new to Virgin Media and the UK as well (just arrived in 1 week). I joined the M200 plan and everything works great! However, the wall box cable to my targeted location is not long enough (I rent this apartment and the cable end located to the place that I don't want). How can I get a longer one 3-4M? I read others' posts about order this cable from outside (such as Amazon) but it seems that is not recommended (speed may degraded due to the quality of the 3rd party cable). Can I have one from Virgin Media? Please advise. Thank you!

Best wishes,
Sam

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

you'd need pay for an enginner to come out to relocate your services.

longer cables from Amazon are totally fine, theres no drop in speed or quality from my testings with them (I purchased a 5m with L shaped connectors)

sometimes third party cables supeceed virgin's own in terms of quality

best of luck

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you the account holder? If not - whoever is will need to contact VM to sort it. You cannot use any 3d party co-ax cable

Or.. you can do it yourself by running ethernet cable to the devices or use your own router.

What devices do you want connecting

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello samwong,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear the cable we supplies is not long enough to locate the Hub in a more suitable place.
Id like to take a look into this for you and arrange for a Technician to attend.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello samwong

Thanks for those details.

Just so you know an engineer has been booked for you.

The time and date has been sent by Private message.

Gareth_L