cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Pre-Install Process

SR8
On our wavelength

I have seen posts of people having their installation dates delayed or NaN/NaN meaning that they require permissions from the landlord or council. I have been contacting virgin media daily since Friday 18th June (excl Sunday). I keep being told about a faceplate installation and originally when I got a deal with Virgin on 15th June, I was told a faceplate installation will occur on the 25th June and installation date will be 10th July.

That installation date on the account is now NaN/NaN and I confirmed with the construction department that no form of digging is noted on my account and that only work needed to be done on the cabinet and the house itself for a faceplate to get the wiring into the house. I keep being told that there is a rolling date for someone to do this external work but keep getting replies such as technicians cannot talk to me over the phone or there is no date or to just wait even though the cabinet work is done by virgin media apparently. I was even told by one agent that I cannot get virgin media which worried me immensely and other agents told me that faceplates needs to be installed first by a 3rd party.

I am currently waiting for a supervisor from the pre install team to call me since yesterday (no calls nothing) and now waiting for a regional supervisor to call me today regarding this issue. I am beyond frustrated by the lack of clear communication in regards to what actually needs to be done within my property. I was under the impression since virgin media has been available on my property that all that would be required is an engineer to install the faceplate on the 25th based on the sales agent but, this was put on hold and now a rolling date for some reason. I am constantly being told conflicting processes and emails being sent out to area field managers or area sales managers with no result and want someone to give me set timescales in this process. I live in an housing association and was told any form of permission required for the property in terms of installing virgin media should not be an issue and be already granted. 

I am appalled by the false hope I am given by the cs team stating it will be done on the 18th or today or the previous day with no outcome occurring at all. I would like some clarification and a resolution to this matter otherwise I cannot hold on any longer to this deal as myself and my family members need internet to work from home and I am wasting so much time dealing with this being on calls for hours per day, it is the most frustrating service I have ever experienced with a internet service provider.

55 REPLIES 55

SR8
On our wavelength

Area field manager said 1pm no one has arrived. I was told under false pretences that they would come at 1pm when in fact I checked my account and it says 1pm to 6pm. Is there any chance I can get the technicians number or something. I just want to be reassured someone will come. Everytime I'm told dates and times I prepare myself for disappointment of no one showing up it's ridiculous. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @SR8.

I am sorry that no one has come yet, I can see on your account that it is still in place, someone should be with you before the end of the day, we do not have a number for you to call regarding this.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@SR8 Everytime I'm told dates and times I prepare myself for disappointment of no one showing up it's ridiculous. 

Well, for each "no show" that you wait in for, you should get automatic compensation of just over £25 for each one, according to Ofcom rules.  Given how well VM's other systems and processes work, I'll wager that your chances of seeing anything automatically are not dissimilar to winning the Euromillions jackpot, but if you don't see money for each one, then raise a formal complaint with VM (form in My Virgin Media) and when that's fobbed off or lost, escalate to the industry arbitration scheme, asking for additional compo for the hassle.  Do one complaint/escalation for each instance, and if there's more than a few you should collect a tidy sum in total.

Of course, maybe I'm wrong, and VM's automatic compensation scheme is working perfectly, ticking over like a well oiled clock....

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Make sure you keep a record of each of the broken appointments.  Even if you only got a telephoned notification, it should have been recorded by Virgin. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Can you please confirm if anyone has shown up at the property yet @SR8?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

SR8
On our wavelength

Sorry for the delay in my messages. The engineer arrived before 3pm and installed all our services. I am awaiting on my phone line (worried it may not work) and need to call virgin media in regards to some channels not showing but I must say after a lot of trouble and effort. My family can rest easy and be able to enjoy our services. Hopefully the services are well worth it as right now we are waiting for the router to adjust in terms of speed since its quite low.

I suggest many people to call and escalate issues if possible. That's the only way to get your issue across. Sometimes you have to wait which is understandable but others who've been waiting for months, I feel truly sorry. This process is by far shockingly terrible, for all pre Install enquiries calls a direct line - 02037065278 and if necessary get them to call an area field manager to understand the situation. The area field managers are helpful.

I will mark this as resolved since it's been resolved but I do have a few issues which just need a call in regards to my TV channels and phone line. 

I Hope the best for everyone, the customer service isn't great but hopefully the services are worthwhile.