cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Pre-Install Process

SR8
On our wavelength

I have seen posts of people having their installation dates delayed or NaN/NaN meaning that they require permissions from the landlord or council. I have been contacting virgin media daily since Friday 18th June (excl Sunday). I keep being told about a faceplate installation and originally when I got a deal with Virgin on 15th June, I was told a faceplate installation will occur on the 25th June and installation date will be 10th July.

That installation date on the account is now NaN/NaN and I confirmed with the construction department that no form of digging is noted on my account and that only work needed to be done on the cabinet and the house itself for a faceplate to get the wiring into the house. I keep being told that there is a rolling date for someone to do this external work but keep getting replies such as technicians cannot talk to me over the phone or there is no date or to just wait even though the cabinet work is done by virgin media apparently. I was even told by one agent that I cannot get virgin media which worried me immensely and other agents told me that faceplates needs to be installed first by a 3rd party.

I am currently waiting for a supervisor from the pre install team to call me since yesterday (no calls nothing) and now waiting for a regional supervisor to call me today regarding this issue. I am beyond frustrated by the lack of clear communication in regards to what actually needs to be done within my property. I was under the impression since virgin media has been available on my property that all that would be required is an engineer to install the faceplate on the 25th based on the sales agent but, this was put on hold and now a rolling date for some reason. I am constantly being told conflicting processes and emails being sent out to area field managers or area sales managers with no result and want someone to give me set timescales in this process. I live in an housing association and was told any form of permission required for the property in terms of installing virgin media should not be an issue and be already granted. 

I am appalled by the false hope I am given by the cs team stating it will be done on the 18th or today or the previous day with no outcome occurring at all. I would like some clarification and a resolution to this matter otherwise I cannot hold on any longer to this deal as myself and my family members need internet to work from home and I am wasting so much time dealing with this being on calls for hours per day, it is the most frustrating service I have ever experienced with a internet service provider.

55 REPLIES 55

SR8
On our wavelength

Update, Alex has contacted the area field manager who never wants to speak to me or inform me of anything and no reply has been given. I want to also clarify if I really need council permission since I have a Catv right near my house because if the construction team have said its a simple job that may not require council permission then I don't understand why I am not being told this clearly. I have to piece together what random employees are telling me. It's ridiculous. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do you have any other ISP options for connecting you quickly?

If another hi-speed ISP can connect you now - you should consider doing it. Let the VM installation run its course - it will happen when it happens. When its installed and running to your satisfaction then that is day 0.

You then have 14 days from that day to just cancel it at no cost to yourself and stick with your new provider - or vice versa depending on which one is working better

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @SR8

Your post to my colleague is in another chain, so I don't have access to that conversation.  I am certain she will get back to you.  But I will contact her directly to see if she's got an update.  I do think she has finished for the day.

Regards

Lee_R

SR8
On our wavelength

I mean I do at this time but it's not helping myself or my family currently with working from home hence why I am trying to get virgin media. I'll just have to make do with it, I just really hope virgin media can get it done by the end of this month otherwise I'll just leave, I've seen people get delays for months on end it's so upsetting to see. 

SR8
On our wavelength

Update: After speaking to a really helpful guy called Tony, he informed me that council permission was granted Friday 2nd July and virgin media sent the wrong number to their engineer team due to an internal fault. I got a message today about a faceplate installation but I am wondering how will they do a faceplate install when the external work is not yet complete? (from my knowledge no information has been provided and I do not see a tee near my catv near my property) 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @SR8 

I am sorry to hear that you are still having these issues.

The team are working hard to get this resolved and the faceplate install has been booked. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

SR8
On our wavelength

No worries Zak. The engineer came and installed a faceplate that has virgin media services! I am so happy and he assured me that his managers will be notified and I can call for virgin media activation. I plan to do so during my lunch break and hopefully get virgin media up and running. I am not sure why there was meant to be external work to be done but I'm glad it's done. I hope the installation and the services work now. A big tip would be phoning the pre Install team and hope to have a great advisor like Tony he was ever so helpful. Thank you to the forum team for helping me out too I appreciate it. Posting here let me vent and understand the process better. I had no tee cable or omnibox installed however which must be due to a box I have from the council in my garden (not sure why I was told I needed a omnibox) 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Please do let us know if we are able to assist you further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

SR8
On our wavelength

Just wanted some clarification. Spoke to an advisor at virgin media yesterday and they said this information needs to be updated on their system that the faceplate install is done. I called today hoping I can book an early date yet apparently the area field manager needs to be contacted so I am now waiting for a reply. What is the usual process after a faceplate install is done, I was told prior to this install  I can call virgin media and they will happily do the activation as soon as possible since we've caused a lot of trouble. I feel like this was a blatant lie. If anyone can clarify this for me it'd be much appreciated. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @SR8.

I am sorry for the confusion that this has caused. 

As things stand, the system hasn't been updated to indicate that this has been completed, the AFM will be able to mark the job as completed.

The next steps would be to get the install date brought forward if possible, the AFM/the agent that contacts you back will be able to look further into that for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M