cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telewest cable doesn’t fit

Kc24681
Tuning in

I have bought a virgin media package but cannot get the internet cable to fit to the old telewest box. Any suggestions ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the old telewest box should have a screw connector the new cables from VM are push fit - they should connect but they can need some force to get then to fit

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning,

So we can assist you with this are you able to provide photos of the cable and telewest point that you have?

Thank You

Joe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kc24681 wrote:

I have bought a virgin media package but cannot get the internet cable to fit to the old telewest box. Any suggestions ?

You may need one of these  Tristar Data cable coupler | DIY at B&Q  to join the two cables.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the old telewest box should have a screw connector the new cables from VM are push fit - they should connect but they can need some force to get then to fit

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hello yes here are the two wires 

B9CF8C25-568C-473B-9DFD-8FC67432FE57.jpeg

7DEC68A6-B54B-4987-8DA7-C390E05B4585.jpeg

Unscrew that cable from the bottom of the wall box, and push the new cable into that socket

Virgin BB 55MB, Hub 3, Tenda Router, Stream Box - United Artists/Telewest/VM Since 1990

The cable won’t unscrew from wall socket?

It will, you may need pliers or such like

It should be nut shaped, so even an adjustable spanner.

Virgin BB 55MB, Hub 3, Tenda Router, Stream Box - United Artists/Telewest/VM Since 1990