Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telewest Box

MHuddleston
Tuning in

A2BE7CB1-795E-451E-9D62-0252337485A4.jpeg

Hi there,

My partner and I are about to move into a flat and I’ve order the quick start set for the 100mb fibre having seen the old Telewest ports in the flat and Virgin order page saying I was eligible.

The box arrives to set up on the 16th March (yay fast internet!) but I just want to check it’s the right thing and I don’t actually need an engineer. I’ve take pictures but the telewest point just seems to have FM and TV on it, a telephone socket beneath and another wire connect which decorators seems to have painted over a connection point?

Thanks!

Meg

8 REPLIES 8

paultechy
Alessandro Volta

Can see from picture a splitter is attached could plug hub into end of cable, or disconnect current coax cable and attach coax from the quick start pack.

It is possible might need a engineer if getting signal imbalance 

Thanks for the quick reply! I’ve taken another picture of where the splitter goes to and which bit seems painted over. Bit new to all of this but which bit is the coax?

Thanks!

4D03CDB4-4268-4101-8E5D-134845A96091.jpeg

Best thing to do is remove the connector from the telewest box and plug your quickstart connecter into it. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The FM outlet on the Telewest box is redundant.

Plug your connector into the outlet marked TV, as this provides all the Broadband & TV connectivity. You may need a small spanner to release the connection.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

You only need the TV connector. If I were you I'd remove all the other cables as well as the splitter (VM will provide a splitter if later needed) and phone socket (new customers get landline from the hub).

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Indra27
Joining in

Hi Meg, I just wondered what the end result of this was please? I’m also moving into a flat that only has a telewest box but I’m keen to get virgin installed ASAP as me and my partner both work remotely cos of covid! thanks so much!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Indra27 wrote:

Hi Meg, I just wondered what the end result of this was please? I’m also moving into a flat that only has a telewest box but I’m keen to get virgin installed ASAP as me and my partner both work remotely cos of covid! thanks so much!

The box in my home is Telewest and works absolutely fine.

As long as no wires have been cut (External) it should work for you.

Amazing, thanks so much!