Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Telephone Line

I recently received a new HUB4 and from about same day my landline has stopped working.
Is this a coincidence or expected?

I noticed the HUB also has a telephone connection and this does not work either,  but in the advanced setting telephony is disabled, so it does not look like this option is available yet?

I tried a new cable and are trying to find a neighbour with a phone I can borrow just to make sure my phone is not at fault before I call virgin media to come and fix it.  The remote test states my line is working ,  but when I phone the number from my mobile there is a dial tone but no response from my phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Telephone Line

VM now run all telephones over the modem, so chances are the modem simply has the wrong configuration. 

I wouldn't say that to customer services though, just ring them up and say your land line isn't working or there head will explode. Not pretty. 

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Telephone Line

Although that's true, when you have a Hub swap you keep whatever home phone service you already have.

So if you have a separate landline today, you'd keep it even if you have a Hub 3 or Hub 4

If you have a landline running through a Hub 3, you'd use your Hub 4 for your line once you've activated it.

Where Virgin Media swap customers from one home phone service type to the other there is specific notification about that.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own