cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technician didn’t turn up

Matt_Hillier
Joining in

I had a technician booked to turn up at my house today (29.09.21) between 1pm and 6pm and they never showed up. What do I do now to have them rebook and what compensation am I entitled to please?

Presumably because they didn’t show up today, my upgraded package wouldn’t have gone live  either, which is then a day delay. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Until your additional TV box is installed, you shouldn't be charged the multi-room cost, but I don't see why the broadband speed change & TV package can't be done on your existing kit for now. Depending on what speed uplift this was, and whether you need a new hub.

All that said, the quickest way to solve this will be to call in. 150 from your VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. You might be waiting a day or so for a staff response on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's the package upgrade/change that this install was related to?

Details of the automatic compensation scheme are at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

The technician was supposed to show up and install the second box for us upstairs and I was told that when he does our package upgrade to full TV and fastest wifi would come into affect. If the technician hasn’t shown up then presumably this isn’t going to happen and I’ll be paying for services I don’t currently have…

I know don’t know who to contact with regards to having the service rebooked and my compensation sorted out.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Until your additional TV box is installed, you shouldn't be charged the multi-room cost, but I don't see why the broadband speed change & TV package can't be done on your existing kit for now. Depending on what speed uplift this was, and whether you need a new hub.

All that said, the quickest way to solve this will be to call in. 150 from your VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. You might be waiting a day or so for a staff response on here.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Matt_Hillier, 

Welcome and thanks for getting in touch. 

I am very sorry to hear the appointment did not go ahead as planned, I appreciate this must be frustrating. 

I would be happy to take a look in to why this happened and potentially raise a new installation request if required. 

I've popped you over a private message to grab a few details and this will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat