cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical

Joolz112
Joining in

I DO NOT have cable into my property my Virgin Media has been installed using a spur which runs from my neighbours box through a hole in the wall into my property, I DO NOT HAVE A VIRGIN MEDIA BOX ON MY WALL.  I am concerned that now the house next door will be going on to the market, work maybe carried out which affects the Virgin box as the new owners will not be aware that my supply comes out of their box.  The Cable database will show that I have a cable, this was dug up and dismantled when I moved in 12 years ago.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You are a customer of VM contracted with them to provide your service. If that gets interrupted for whatever reason they have a duty to reinstate it as soon as is reasonably possible.

If you want to try and get the connection made "directly" to you house try posting in the forum below where a VM person will pick it up in due course (unlikely to do that here).

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/bd-p/Setup

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post moved

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Joolz112
Welcome to the community!
Sorry to hear of your concerns over your outside cabling. We can have a look for you to see if we can do anything for you in regards to your own direct cable. Please join me on private message so I can locate the account and pass account security with you. You can find the PM at the top corner of the screen on the envelope. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley