cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Talk plus VM Services in same house

aimccartney14
Joining in

Hi all!

I am currently living in a property owned by family who have an existing package with Utility Warehouse (Gas, Elec, Talk Talk broadband all combined in one - there is no option to discontinue the internet portion)

I work from home 100% of the time and their signal is frankly horrendous, 20 m/b download would be considered a good day and this means I have to hotspot all day whilst working which isn't ideal for my battery life.

I spoke with them and they are happy I put in VM on the basis that it doesn't impact their current talktalk package (and the wider Utility Warehouse deal) - so my question is:

Can I keep this current UW package (using presumably the BT line for Talk Talk to the property) and also take out Virgin Media to have Fibre/TV in the property? Would this require a second line to the property or does anyone know the process of installing VM? In an ideal world if they can cable from the street and put the box through the wall that would be best but I don't know the ins-and-outs of this. Unsure if this counts as a "second" line and if this would also be subject to additional charges?

Many thanks

Alistair

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Aimccartney14 👋 welcome to the community! Huge thanks to them for offering help and support with this. 

Glad to hear you are all sorted now, as sadly we are unable to process new sales via the community!

Just for anyone viewing this thread for the first time if you do need support with processing an order you will need to speak to the team by phone on 📞0800 183 1234. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

All the best

Molly