cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Bed - multiroom and wiring

Kevpt86
Joining in

Hi - hopefully not too stupid a question but I'm having Virgin installed in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone else had their multi room boxes connected to a TV that raises from the bed? 

I understand it needs wiring in from the wall but I'm assuming it's going to be no problems for the fitter running the feed around the wall and into the beds media storage section? 

Thanks in advance.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Kevpt86, and a very warm welcome to you!

It may be worth posting us some pictures of the set up you have to see what work would need to be to undertaken for you.

Can you possibly confirm on what date you're due to be installed?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

https://www.bedsava.co.uk/product/tokyo-k-tv-media-bed-black-leather-smart-tv-50-king/

Thanks for the reply.

Above is the link for what I have - so in effect the box will be in the center in the cut out. And then connects to the TV via HDMI from the box to the TV. It's all cut out and the bed mattress lifts up so really easy to get to.

I'm thinking he'll just need to run the cable around the top of the skirting boards - in under the frame and across under bed storage.

13th April is the expected install date.

Cheers 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As long as the area the Virgin box sits in is well ventilated. These boxes can get hot when in operation & will keep shutting down if they overheat.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks