cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TLS

vjsskeen69
Joining in

Hi, 

I have has TLS since last Friday. Technician came out on Monday, said thee was a weak signal to my Router but thought the problem was being cause by the extra cable for the other boxes I no longer had (3 of them cancelled). He went out to disconnect these. Then he went to the junction box and when he came back he told us the cable had been cut somewhere between the box and my property by roadworks. We have had no roadworks in my road and how have the roadworks managed to cut just the cables to my property. 

I was then told a week to 10 days before this can be replaced!!! Another Technician came yesterday but only to measure how much cable they would need. Have received a text message to inform me they have had to reschedule my re pull  until 16th October. Over a month with no services at all. Can someone explain why this is going to take this long to do? Why permits need to be made. Virgin didn't need to dig up the road when they installed my Virgin in the first place. And no there wasn't any Cable TV there when I moved in. This is a joke!! 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Cant comment specifically.....

...but in general if you need a new cable to be pulled from the street cab to your property they pass through a quite narrow duct which can often get blocked by old cables, collapsed duct etc. If thats the case then they need to inform/apply to the council for a permit to dig the street or road to unblock it. That process can add a few weeks or a month or two before the permit is issued, the digging is done and the cable repulled - as it involves several 3d party and VM teams.

Browse/search this forum for lots of stories like this

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @vjsskeen69

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing a delay with your installation, our team always look to have you installed as soon as possible but there has to be many checks / permits granted & also construction work sorted. I do apologise for the delay but the team will do their very best to have you installed as soon as they can.

If you'd like to view our complaints code of practice, this can be found here.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs