Menu
JosefKay
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TERRIBLE SERVICE - I cancelled my contract & I’m still being billed

Firstly - DO NOT JOIN VIRGIN MEDIA, THEY ARE INCOMPETENT SCUMBAGS

Secondly - DO NOT JOIN VIRGIN MEDIA, THEY ARE INCOMPETENT SCUMBAGS

This is the email I sent to Lutz Schueler (CEO) today (16/09/19) at 10.15 - I’ll be amazed if I ever get a response, but here’s hoping:

Dear Lutz

The below is a copy of an email sent via Resolver on 09/09/19. 

I would like to raise a complaint about my services for Television, Phone & Broadband. The issue occurred on 09/09/2019. To explain in more detail I closed my account on the 15th July 2019 because I'd moved house & to date I am still being charged for services I'm no longer receiving. 

I received a bill on the 17th July for £56.99 which I queried as it looked my account was still open, I then received a bill on the 19th August 2019 for £122.38. 

I called Virgin Media on 0345 454 1111 on Friday 6th September 2019 at 09.28, this team told me they couldn't help & transferred me to the disconnections team. While speaking to this team I was put on hold & then cut off (nobody is surprised at this). 

I waited nearly an hour for Virgin Media to call me back (something they say they'll do if they cut you off), obviously they didn't so I complained through their web form, this was at 10.52 on Friday 6th September 2019. I asked for a call & email explaining what they were doing to resolve this. 

Today (Monday 9th September 2019 at 11.17) I had a missed call & was left with a breathy but wordless voicemail from Virgin Media. Virgin's complaints policy says that if they call & can't get through they'll text a number to call back, I think we know this didn't happen. 

I called the number that called me back & was hilariously told by the team that called me that they couldn't assist (?) & that because of the new status of my account they couldn't transfer me to another team or do anything with my account (I know right!). 

I asked for the complaints department number & was given 0345 454 1111, I asked if this was the complaints team & was told no it was the disconnections team. I challenged this as when I called 0345 454 1111 on Friday 6th September I was told they couldn't help & was transferred to the disconnections team. 

This is the best bit though, when I asked to speak to the complaints department I was told Virgin Media don't have one! 

This Kafka-esque farce temporarily broke my mind & I might've had a brief swear before hanging up. 

I've double checked my account today online & it's still not closed; however, I now have a £9.50 partial month credit - no idea what this is for. 

This meant that apart from the brief swear, the stress of being chased for payment for something I've not used & the impact this could have on my credit rating, the complete waste of time & effort this process has been, the cost of making 3 utterly pointless calls to Virgin Media? Apart from those things it's not affected me at all.

In order to resolve my issue I would like you to: 
1. Take off any charges from my account after 15th July 2019 
2. Confirm through email that my account has been closed 
3. Email a bill that says 'final bill' with an accurate amount on it 
4. Apologise for wasting my time 
5. Compensate me for the calls I made to the pointless call centre.

NB. As a follow up to the above you have chased me again on 13/09/19 for payment of the August bill which this time is for £112.88.

I imagine that this email will also be ignored & I’ll have to take my case to CISAS which will be on 04/11/19

Yours

Anybody got any ideas on how to deal with these incompetent scumbags?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TERRIBLE SERVICE - I cancelled my contract & I’m still being billed

Please do not post multiple threads on the same subject.

You will not get a reply any quicker & the spam filter will simply block your account.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As this is a public forum what can we as customers say, I doubt anyone from virgin will reply as you seem to intermate you are taking further action via third parties.
0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

it may also be good to not start by calling people "scumbags".
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @JosefKay

Welcome to the our Community Forums and for your first post - I am sorry to understand that there have been some issues with the disconnection of your account back in July. 

Usually when you book a standard disconnection, we ask for 30 days notice; again, I am sorry to understand that this was not completed as you had requested. 

Whilst we do have a complaints team - this team only deal with written complaints or complaints that come in via our webform; they are not an inbound team. However, any of our agents can log and deal with a complaint for you as per our complaints code of practice (You can read this is full here: https://virg.in/ccop

In regard to your requests, we do not have email for external correspondence, but I am more than happy to pop you a Private Message so we can go through security and help you out. 

Please do be advised though, any final bill can only be posted and cannot be emailed and we would not credit back for calls made to our call centre. If you call 150 this is free of charge and if you call our 0345 number, these are charged the same as calling an 01 or 02 number (these are usually included in most mobile phone tariffs)

I have sent you a Private Message so please do look out for the purple envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JosefKay
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If I was getting a resolution any other way do you think I’d be on here going through all this rigmarole?

I’ve written twice & used the webform - what more could I do to contact the complaints team? Should it take more than a week for them to contact me?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @JosefKay

I can see you have popped me a reply to my Private Message so I'll respond there too 🙂 

Once a complaint is logged via our Webform we aim to resolve complaints in the first instance and we will always respond within 7 days. In some cases, a resolution can take longer (upto 28 days). Of course, if data protection is not included on the webform, this can take even longer. 

This information can be located within our Complaints Code of Practice which I posted in my initial response. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos