cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from BT TO VIRGIN

Jemz
Joining in

I used to be on virgin about 7 years ago then switched to bt, I have now switched back to virgin however I do not have a virgin socket I only have a bt socket, my order has already gone through, however whilst on the phone I was given the quick start package. 

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

For you to have been offered the quickstart, VM acknowledge that there was a connection there at some point - is it the same property where you used to have a VM connection?

Best think is to go outside and look for the (probably) brown Omnibox on the outside wall and see where the cable comes in - there is always the possibility that a previous occupant has removed it all and plastered over the connections etc.,

If you can't find the cable point, then I'd suggest that you contact VM and request a manned install, it shouldn't cost you anything more.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jemz, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you back on board with us 🙂 

In order to convert this to a manned installation for you, we need to ensure you've already received the equipment. This cannot be changed until then. 

Post back here once the equipment has arrived and we will be able to book an engineer appointment to get you installed 🙂 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs