cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching back to VM

nojima
Joining in

Hi,

I used to be with VM until June 22, did not extend my contract and instead my partner then took out a new package which was cheaper and we continued with VM that way.

I pay £28pm for M250 broadband only (deal included £50 cashback and a £100 Amazon gift card). I have now received a letter from VM saying that my price will go up when my current price offer ends in April 2024, so quite some time away. However, they are saying I cancel without fees any time before 20th of April, 2023, so next month.

Does that mean I could, in theory, cancel fee free now and my I will order VM from the current offer which expires at the end of March? This deal is also M250 and is effectively £18.40 after the £100 bill credit in that offer. I was gone from VM for more than 6 months, so would I be able to qualify as a new customer for this MSE deal?

Sounds like a good plan to me, but am I missing anything though? Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you are wanting two contracts to run in parallel at the same address, that can't be done. VM always insist that one contract finishes before anothet starts, often with a break in between.

You won't get any guarantees on here. It will have to be done through Customer Services, if you can get them to understand what you want.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @nojima 

Welcome to the community forums. 

A property cannot have two contracts and therefore to accounts/service active at the same address at the same time. If you are unhappy with your current package deal, please do consider giving us a call on 0345 454 1111 / 150 or via SMS 0753 305 1809 and WhatsApp on 07305 327 112 our team will be more than happy to perform a package review for you. They will ensure that you're on the best possible deal for your package.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley